***roll Call Caribbean Princess 09/02/06***

ricj8100

Hi, John!

Gee, you guys certainly get around. Your future travels sound interesting.

I have a link to the water taxi but I can't cut and past it here, for some reason. If you'd give me your email address I can send it to you.

At any rate, the Renaissance is a very short walk to one of the stops. I believe it's right by the Hyatt Pier 66 Hotel which is kinda next door to the Renaissance.

So, 2AM for air reservations? Well, if it means saving some $ I can always set the alarm :-)

Hvae a great day!

Rick

Sure Rick, you can email us anytime. chip_john@yahoo.com

I got intouch with the concierge and she said the taxi stand was about two blocks away. Maybe after a lot of walking in FTL I'll be able to fit in my Tux a little better. (we want spend all our time on the water taxi)

I went online today and booked our excurison for St.Thomas to go to Trunk Bay. It's one of my favorite places in the caribbean. The last time in St John we went to Honeymoon bay and the snorkeling wasn't that great. We'll snorkel in the morning and then back to ST.and have lunch at The Greenhouse.

Sure Rick, you can email us anytime. chip_john@yahoo.com

I got intouch with the concierge and she said the taxi stand was about two blocks away. Maybe after a lot of walking in FTL I'll be able to fit in my Tux a little better. (we want spend all our time on the water taxi)

I went online today and booked our excurison for St.Thomas to go to Trunk Bay. It's one of my favorite places in the caribbean. The last time in St John we went to Honeymoon bay and the snorkeling wasn't that great. We'll snorkel in the morning and then back to ST.and have lunch at The Greenhouse.

Hey, guys!

I just sent you that link regarding the Water Taxi.

You were smart to book your excursions. I attempted to get online this morning just to see what might be available and was unsuccessful. Princess advises that the link may be down due to the fact no excursions are open.

The reason they gave was that in addition to the Caribbean Princess, the Norwegian Spirit, Carnival Legend and Carnival Spirit will all be in St. Thomas the same day - all arriving within 3 hrs. of each other!

Apparently it's going to be very busy and crowded!

Rick

I think we all had a little problem getting online yesterday. I was just reading about your upgrade. So I called and canceled our cabin and we’ll just sneak in yours. That’s going to be a nice cabin with lots of room and large balcony. I checked online and we are still assigned to c103, same floor your on the back and we’re on the front. Humm? Ok I’ll stop thinking. I did get an email from the TA and the doc’s are in and will be mailed today.

I’d been meaning to look at the port schedule, damn I can’t believe there’s going to be that many ships in port. You know good deals in the stores are going to be hard come by. And like you said very crowed. I’m sure I’ve seen the schedule but are we docked or anchored?

Thanks for the email yesterday and the pic, and I thought you said you were 48, well at least Chip and I look it.

I have a lunch date in few, I check back tonight for new post.

John

Hi, John!

I didn't realize that we're both on the same side of the ship and the same deck, now.

I don't know if we'll be docked in St. Thomas or have to tender. I think, though, Caribbean Princess always docks. Hope so for everyones sake.

By the way, I'm 49, not 48. Although a very young 49 (May 11th). It's kinda fun that I still get carded. Used to get annoyed but, now I take it as a compliment :-)

Rick

Yep, be glad you get carded, I get senior discount without them even asking, sometimes they even whisper that they've applied my discount. And just so you'll know, I am the big bear no the right. And to make you feel even better you are the oldest in this treo, I just turned 49 July 1, and Chip 48 yesterday, Aug2nd.

Hi, John!

By the way, I'm 49, not 48. Although a very young 49 (May 11th). It's kinda fun that I still get carded. Used to get annoyed but, now I take it as a compliment :-)

Rick

Yep, be glad you get carded, I get senior discount without them even asking, sometimes they even whisper that they've applied my discount. And just so you'll know, I am the big bear no the right. And to make you feel even better you are the oldest in this treo, I just turned 49 July 1, and Chip 48 yesterday, Aug2nd.

Hey!!!

Before I do anything else I want to wish both you and Chip a very Happy Birthday - even though yours is somewhat belated.

For sure, we're gonna have happy birthday cocktails on my balcony - if you guys are up for it. It's gonna be so neat to be that close to the wake!!!

By the way, so nice of you to remind me that I'm the elder - you really know how to burst my bubble. Seriously though, both of you look damn nice - at least in the photo you sent - so you have nothing to bitch about, OK?

;) Thanks you're good for the ego.

And that drink on the balcony, or at anytime you see us without a cocktail don't hesitate to call a waiter. It will be very nice to see the wake. I just might bring a bottle of champagne sense you're providing the view. I told Chip about the pool that is on the back of the ship where the wake is in view. I don't know what level that is but I'm sure we'll find it.

This is all going to be so exciting and starting out in Ft Lauderdale is a perfect start to a fun vacation. I got an email this week from a couple of people we met on a cruise last November and they would like us to join them in January. What fun people they were. It will be fun to cruise again with them.

Thanks for the B-day wishes, and the same to you. And while on the ship Chip and I should be celebrating our 7th year anniversary. He and I both have trouble remembering the excite day. So we celebrate often.

I can’t believe we haven’t had others ‘family’ to join this roll call. I hope our chatting hasn’t kept other from joining.

Is FLSPEEDO joining us? We haven’t heard from them in a few days.

Our friends that were on the wait list have decided to go somewhere else.

John

Hi, John!

I was wondering the same thing about other 'family' on the cruise and why they haven't joined this roll call.

So, where is everyone?

Flspeedo, have you guys cleared the waitlist?

John and Chip, how neat that you'll be celebrating your 7th anniversary! Does that mean another party? Am I invited? :-)

Rick

Hi, John!

You're too much!

OK, so is there anyone else joining us? Don't be shy. Please dope in and say Hello!

The General Roll Call has this sail away party planned for 5PM on Saturday at Blackbeards Bar. Stop by. Seriously, no committment required. None of us are joined at the hip - but it would be nice to at least meet :-)

God, now I'm beginning to feel like Julie of the Love Boat!

Till later,

Rick

Hey Guys,

Sorry been away from the boards for awhile. We still haven't cleared the waitlist, so we may be heading to another ship or a later date. Sure wish we could join ya'll!! I'll let you know if the plans change.

Hi, flspeedo!

Well, I'm still hoping you guys clear the waitlist. I'm not sure how Princess works, but at what point exactly do you give up any hope of making it?

Anyway, I still have my fingers crossed.

Rick

OK, there must be other family out there joining us on this cruise, so drop in!!

flspeedo, I'm still hoping you guys clear the waitlist and will be sailing with us.

Yeah, I still feel like Julie of the Love Boat!!!!

Rick

Hello Rick

Back at work and loving it:( . Looks like Chip and I will be busy right up to the cruise time. We're hosting a large garden party for our neighbors on the 26th and I think Chip has two conferences before then as well. I can't keep up with his schedule. I’m normally packed or at least have everything ready to pack by now and I haven’t even started. Now with all the airline crap happening it’s going to make it more difficult. That means no overnight bag for FtL and what will I do with my jewelry case. It’s clear and I can just see someone knocking me in the head and running off with it.

We have our hotel conformation for the Renaissance 17th St. We will arrive in FL around 11am and we’ll be open for dinner. If you like you’re more than welcome to invite anyone else from the board that’s arriving the day before. Or just an open invitation when we know what time we’re meeting for dinner. We’re open to most anything.

John

Hi, John!

Welcome home! Sounds as if your trip to Texas went as planned.

I sent an email to your yahoo account regarding dinner plans. I'm totally open for Friday evening. We just need to decide where!!!

Rick

Hello David and Larry

You seem to have a lot of cruise under your belt, at these prices what’s one more. I’ve been on some of the same ships but I don’t think at the same time.

Come and join us on the cruise, if not you’re more than welcome to join us at Mango’s on Friday 1st at 5:00pm for happy hour. I’m sure you know where that is.

rainbowflag.jpg.8067eb25437b51a3644da744bfe16fdf.jpg

Chip and I join most of the FOD meetings. I understand on Princess they are calling the meetings Rainbow Get Together. From the Patters the meetings are just after 5pm or 6pm, looks like we’ll stop in on our way to dinner. See you there.

Well guys, it looks like we won't be joining you aboard the Caribbean Princess. We are now booked for Mariner of the Seas to the Eastern Caribbean. As a travel agent, it was such a good deal for me, I couldn't turn it down. I'll be in St Thomas on Wednesday and St Maarten on Thursday so if ya'll are in those ports on those days, let me know. Maybe we could meet!

Hi, David and Larry! Living in Ft. Lauderdale, you have no excuse not to join us on this cruise! As John said, you're welcome to join us around 5PM at Mango's on Friday, 09/01. Ft. Lauderdale is such a nice place!

flspeedo, sorry to hear you won't be with us, but at least you'll still be sailing.

Anyone else out there?

Rick

David and Larry,

Are you guys joining us?

Sure hasn't been much activity on this roll call and the count down has started.

Anyway, no to late to drop in and say 'Hello' if you're going on this cruise.

Rick

Archived