Who's the best vendor to go scuba diving with?

Thanks could you give me other recommendations? We prefer anything to do with warm water. Why is there no scuba driving? We have to dock to get there, so I just thought there would be diving like all the other ports.:confused:

As I said, Progreso is on the gulf. Not the sparkling clear Caribbean. The water is very shallow until you get far out. That's the reason for the four mile pier for ships to dock on. The water is very warm. Check out

http://www.yucatantoday.com for other options. It's a nice beach with some very good restaurants accros the street.

• 3 months later...

We are divers as well and HD is right....no diving or snorkeling in Progresso. We have been the past two years due to last minute schedule changes.....errrrrr! The first year we did the DZ ruins and snorkeled a bit in a ceynote (small but refreshing). Last year we found an all inclusive resort (Called the Reef I think) and drank our sorrows away!!!! Merida is a good place to shop and sight see from what I hear. Corona beach is just off the pier. Not your typical Caribbean beach but they do have beer - lots of it!!! There is a rumor that our cruise (Miracle 12/24) is stopping there instead of Costa Maya - errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Best of luck!!!

Archived