Check bags at airport to return hours later

bec2629

Does anyone know how early you can check your bags before a flight. We have a 6pm flight and want to go to the airport check our bags and leave to tour Miami for the day. Is that allowed.

Thanks,

Becky

I think the earliest you can check bags is about 2-3 hours ahead. Think about it. They don't want somebody putting a bomb in luggage, leaving it & then leaving the AP.

We rented a car & took our stuff w/ us. We felt better knowing our stuff was safe.

3 hours.

We arrived at FLL at 11:30 and had a flight for 3pm. they would not take our luggage for another half hour. They were very strict about it too.

We have transfers from the ship to Ft Lauderdale airport and we want to spend the day in Ft Lauderdale......This is what I have found........You cannot check your bags in at the airport until 2 to 3 hrs prior to your flight. No one seems to know if there are lockers at the airport, but if there are, you can use that option, you can get a rental car and take your luggage with you, and finally we were given a suggestion to get a day room at one of the hotels, and lounge by the pool, which by the end of your cruise, might be quite relaxing! However so far I haven't found a hotel that books a day room, but I am still trying!....The extra day sounded wonderful when we booked our flight but seems to have a few little kinks to work through! We are still working on what to do our last day......Our flight doesn't leave until 7:45 PM. Good luck with your plans....whatever you choose....have fun!......Let us know what you choose.........Nightingail.

• 2 weeks later...
No one seems to know if there are lockers at the airport, but if there are, you can use that option, you can get a rental car and take your luggage with you, and finally we were given a suggestion to get a day room at one of the hotels, and lounge by the pool, which by the end of your cruise, might be quite relaxing! However so far I haven't found a hotel that books a day room, but I am still trying!....

Nightingail, we had the same dilemma. Our flight does not leave Miami airport until 8:00pm. We thought about renting a car, but decided to book a hotel room. We are traveling with our six year old and we want him and ourselves to be comfortable. I went to Priceline and was able to get the Radisson for $40. Although we are not staying overnight, I thought this would be more relaxing. I figure even if we are not able to get into the room early, we could always just lounge at the pool and use the room to shower and change for our flight.

I do wonder about the luggage and where to store it. I have to work on that, possibly at the hotel.

I lost this thread for a while, thought I was subscribed :confused:

I understand that airports used to allow very early check in, but the was pre 9/11. I am glad about the enforcement of the safety measures,(even though I wish they were more consistent) but I find myself really getting angry about those $#%*@#*%'s that have forced so many things to change here, aside from the losses so many endured!!

Anyway, back on subject......I think I'll try Priceline, since there will be 16 of us, we could use a nearby hotel room as a locker :p

Becky

Archived