What cruise to take?

Big Spanker

Last year my DW and two DD took 6 day Liberty cruise we loved the Ship, but were disapponited with the ports. ( no slam on Carival by the way) We went to Bahamas, Grand Caymon, and Costa Maya, Any suggestions from CC members out there. We want to Cruise again in April 2007. I want more time in port and want to get away from so many ships in port, In Grand cayman there were 7. Are my expetations, unrealestic? Do we need to sail from another port? We sailed from FLL. Any help would be appreciated. Our Time slot is fixed as we have college aged kids who can only go 4/1/2007. Your thoughts

Regards

Dean Hamy

You might check out the Southern Caribbean routes. They tend to be a little less crowded in port. Also, you could always do a Panama Canal, but the length of the cruise might be a problem.

If you look at the two cruises we have lined up, We only have ONE ship with us in the first port of each cruise. After that, we have the ports all to ourselves. To find out how "busy" a port is going to be, you can go to the following link: Cruise Ship Calendar

Hope this helps!

Joe

The Southern Caribbean cruises out of San Juan have beautiful, uncrowded ports. St. Thomas, San Juan, and St. Maarten are popular stops on both Eastern Caribbean cruises and Southern Caribbean cruises, but the Eastern Caribbean cruises hit all those ports mid-week and are usually there at the same time, while the Southern Caribbean cruises tend to have those ports to themselves plus some amazingly beautiful ports that you just can't hit on a 7 day cruise from South Florida.

I don't know how long you have but you might look into Panama Canal cruise. They ports weren't crowded and we had a wonderful time. You might be able to do a full transit that time of the year.

Archived