Zenith Shore Excusion Fine Print

carribbeanmic

I just came back from Bermuda last week. I booked only one shore excursion on the Zenith site. They encourage you to prebook so you wont get disapointed if the excursion gets sold out. I brought my email confirmations on board. On arrival to our cabin, there was our excursion envelope with a generic print that said please verify your reservation. I opened it up to see the All Inclusive Dive Package. What I couldnt see was that they changed the date and time of our excursion. We missed the trip by 3 hours. Of course it was ALL MY FAULT cuz I couldn't read the fine print on the ticket. They even HIGHLIGHTED the date and time in magic marker. Do you think maybe they could have made a special notation on the envelope or tickets stating "look there has been a change in date." They leave messages under your door for all reasons. I guess they didn't feel it was important enough. How many changes did they have on that trip, probably not enough that would prohibit them from sending a trip change notice. They did credit me for the missed trip but could not book us on a dive for the next morning. I know there are at least 3 dive operators and the excursion desk wouldn't call for just one diver. We wound up booking a very expensive snorkel tour, which they charged us for, to take the place of the missed dive. They really should have "comped" us for that. The snorkel site was nice enough, but there was 68 other people on that boat and it was way too crowded in the water. Snorkeling does not come close to diving wrecks especially in the eyes of a 13 y/o diver. Words cannot discribe how upset she was. I can't understand why a cruiseline that advertizes no worries you'll be treated like a celebrity, no need to worry about little details, could not bring a change to my attention personally. Certainly no individual attention there. Please be forwarned by my mistake, read shore excursions tickets very carefully.

Archived