help me dress my husband and son!

This is our first cruise. It's a 4 day, so we only have 1 formal night. Can my husband and 17yr old son wear a suit, or should they rent tux's? Also, how should they dress for casual dining? Can my son wear a pair of jeans with a nice shirt and sandals? How about nice dress shorts, or are they not allowed? I will have to do some shopping for them, and I need to know what to buy! Thanks

Dark suits are fine for the formal night. No need to rent tuxes unless that's what you want. For casual nights, no jeans or shorts (although others will say that some lines will accept jeans). Even those ships that say "no jeans" will often not enforce their own policy, but shorts at night are definitely a no-no in the dining rooms (not counting the buffet).

The dark suits are fine & that has been mostly what I have seen the guys/men wearing on formal night (there are some tux's). On the casual nights your son & husband can wear docker type pants with a golf style shirt in the dining room. Also for you capris with a nice shirt & sandals is fine. Dont stress to much over what to pack or buy try to think of it as if you were going to work in casual neat attire.:)

Archived