Cruise Critic On Board CostaConcordia - Countdown to Christening

LauraS

Excursions in Palermo: We're doing the Selinute ruins one. Though, let me point out that I love ruins. I've been to Agrigento before but would go again. It's one of the best temple ruin sites. The only problem with either of these tours is the amount of time riding on a bus....Being on a cruise, we really need some exercise. The Selinute trip does also include some Palermo sights.

Train from Savona to Portofino. I was surprised there is a train. I'd have to check maps to see if the stations are need the ports and destination. But the train leaves at approx 10 Am and is two hrs long arriving at noon. You'd have to catch the 2 PM to be back by 4 PM to make the ship departure at 5 PM. Allowing you two hours in Portofino. I'm scheduled to do the portofino excursion, but will probably cancel as the 1.5 hr bus ride sound boring. I'd rather do the villa tour and ceramic shop, or even just see what's around in Savona...It will only be our 2nd day on the cruise and being our first cruise...we may not have seen all of the ship yet, no?

Greek: What cruise date are you on?

Thanks for the information - we are on the June 10, 2007 cruise.

Any thoughts on the Tunis tour options? The Carthage ruins sound interesting as does the shopping.

Thanks,

Excursions in Palermo: We're doing the Selinute ruins one. Though, let me point out that I love ruins. I've been to Agrigento before but would go again. It's one of the best temple ruin sites. The only problem with either of these tours is the amount of time riding on a bus....Being on a cruise, we really need some exercise. The Selinute trip does also include some Palermo sights.

Train from Savona to Portofino. I was surprised there is a train. I'd have to check maps to see if the stations are need the ports and destination. But the train leaves at approx 10 Am and is two hrs long arriving at noon. You'd have to catch the 2 PM to be back by 4 PM to make the ship departure at 5 PM. Allowing you two hours in Portofino. I'm scheduled to do the portofino excursion, but will probably cancel as the 1.5 hr bus ride sound boring. I'd rather do the villa tour and ceramic shop, or even just see what's around in Savona...It will only be our 2nd day on the cruise and being our first cruise...we may not have seen all of the ship yet, no?

Greek: What cruise date are you on?

Archived