Formal Nights on 7 day Cruise (Spirit 7/15)

I've read some recent posts about # of formal nights. Trying hard to pack light for our 7/15 cruise Athens to Istanbul.

For me it's fairly easy but it would be nice to forego the 2nd tux shirt etc for my DH. Anyone know the real #? one or two?

We leave in just one week! :)

I was on the 6/3 Spirit 7-day Venice-Rome cruise. There was only one formal night. Posted dress code was also "casual" several other nights in the Dining Room (no jacket). Heard many passengers (especially women) commenting how much they overpacked based on the pre-cruise info sent from Seabourn. If you want to pack light, 1 tux shirt and 1 sport coat will do just fine.

Men,

Along this same line, how many Sports Coats do you take on a 7-14 day cruise? I am thinking 2 for 7 days.

BBird,

Last year on our 7-day Caribbean cruise there were three very casual nights (first, last and the night we were in St. Barth's until 11pm) and two formal nights. That left only two informal (jacket) nights. If your cruise doesn't have a late port day you may have three informal nights, but one jacket will probably do it. Remember that the Veranda restaurant is one step less formal than the dress code of the Restaurant so you can always try it on one of the informal nights without a jacket. I think those are the best nights to dine there. I felt like the food in the Restaurant was most exquisite on the formal nights so it would be a shame to miss out. I took two jackets and one of them stayed in the dry cleaner bag the whole time!

johnny

You didn't specifically ask, but packing for yourself is easy: long black skirt, long black (or white, depending on the itinerary) pants, one or two dressy tops, one bright silk top, casual for first and last. Depending on shoes, it's almost possible to pack in a rollaboard.

You didn't specifically ask, but packing for yourself is easy: long black skirt, long black (or white, depending on the itinerary) pants, one or two dressy tops, one bright silk top, casual for first and last. Depending on shoes, it's almost possible to pack in a rollaboard.

LOL met a couple at dinner on Silverseas that with 14+ cruise ONLY took what could be carried on a plane, they never check luggage... It can be done.

Depending on shoes, it's almost possible to pack in a rollaboard.
We've never met but LOL!! I managed a Rollaboard for one night on the Freedom of the Seas and almost didn't make it! LOL

Course I do love my cameras

Archived