Entertainment

I was wondering if Seabourn "beef-up" the entertainment on cruises which embody a greater number of days at sea,or does it still consist primarily of the Cruise Director,and assistants?

Based on our previous cruise,which was fortunately port intensive,I felt that one's enjoyment of an evening would have been enhanced by greater variety such as a classical music trio/quartet.

On our cruise on Celebrity's Constellation,the classical quartet,and pianist Brooks Aehron were extremely popular.

On the Transatlantic Crossings......12 or 18 sea days, we always have great lecturer's. Usually there are 4 or 5. Then, besides the 3 or 4 Cruise Director Magellan shows,we enjoy The Liar's Club, Name That Tune and other special parties and evening events......also there are talented harpist's, pianist's, etc. on the Crossings. Always music in the Club before and after dinner.

As to "nightly entertainment" on board, I think it depends on the sailing.....if the itinerary has many ports, there will be less.......guests are sometimes exhausted from the day's excursion.

Happy Sailing!

MB

I was wondering if Seabourn "beef-up" the entertainment on cruises which embody a greater number of days at sea,or does it still consist primarily of the Cruise Director,and assistants?

Based on our previous cruise,which was fortunately port intensive,I felt that one's enjoyment of an evening would have been enhanced by greater variety such as a classical music trio/quartet.

On our cruise on Celebrity's Constellation,the classical quartet,and pianist Brooks Aehron were extremely popular.

We don't know if they have changd it since we sailed last year but normally the CD and both of the ACDs will do a show, there will be one or two ensemble shows plus various other events such as Liars club, Name that Tune etc. There are also one or two guest entertainers on every cruise. We were lucky to have a fantastic comedy pianist called Dale Gonyea who had us laughing all night. There is always something on every evening, even if it is just the band/club entertainer in the club or a movie downstairs in the main lounge. There is no classical quartet, just the ship's band.

R&R

Archived