is there enough to do in aruba for kids for 1 week

Blossum

we have a 5 yr old and a 10 yr old. We have never been on a cruise or to an island. We are trying to decide between a 10 day cruise on the ncl spirit and 1 week at the lacabana in aruba......

is there enough to do in aruba for kids?

how expensive is the food? the difference between the lacaban and the divi all inclusive is $175 per night....I am hopeful that we can eat cheaper than 175 per day....

help...any assistance would be appreciated

we have a 5 yr old and a 10 yr old. We have never been on a cruise or to an island. We are trying to decide between a 10 day cruise on the ncl spirit and 1 week at the lacabana in aruba......

is there enough to do in aruba for kids?

how expensive is the food? the difference between the lacaban and the divi all inclusive is $175 per night....I am hopeful that we can eat cheaper than 175 per day....

help...any assistance would be appreciated

In my opinion, there is plenty to do in Aruba for one week. The Lacabana offers daily activites for kids (including the Cabana Nanna --- they will watch your kid if you want to go out and explore on your own), plus there are many different things you can do on the island away from your resort. I have never done all inclusive b/c there are many delicious places to eat on the island that I would prefer not to be restricted to one resort. I am not much on eatng out for every meal so I usually get breakfast, lunch and snack foods from Ling n Sons (grocery store) to keep in our kitchen.

Just a few things you can do during your week...Baby Beach (great for snorkeling); DePalm Island (awesome snorkeling); Shopping downtown; any one of the snorkel trips (there are a few different companies to choose from); site seeing --- California Lighthouse, Gold Mill Ruins, Ostridge Farm, Natural Bridge, Natural Pool...; the pools and the slides at the Lacabana keep us (aged 26-30) entertained all day :-)

Hope this helps!

La Cabana is a very kid friendly place. As a matter of fact, the whole island is really. I just read a very nice review of La Cabana by a woman who traveled alone with just her 7 yo dd.

In September, for our dd's 1st visit (our 13th) we definitely plan on taking her to the Ostrich Farm, Donkey Sanctuary and Butterfly farm. That plus the resort's kid's club, swimming pools and beach ought to keep any kid pretty darn occupied.

We also never travel to Aruba all inclusive. There are way too many excellent restaurants, in every price range.

Archived