Glacier Point Widerness Safari Excursion.....

lianaks

After the canoe trip everything was done in reverse. However, the perpective was obviously different and the views were spectacular.

On the way back to Skagway, the boat did stop at a spot where we saw many sea lions sunning themselves on some rocks, periodically diving into the water, and some of the males playing king of the hill. :)

Thanks for the information. We've been talking about it and have decided to book it. Now all I have to do is wait for the bookings for 2007 to open. It seems like such a long time. lol

I could post pictures of this excursion or send them to anybody who provides their e-mail address. I had mixed feelings about seeing pictures before I went up to Alaska because I didn't want to lose the surprise element. However, it is also good to know what to expect. I am also very proud of our pictures. So let me know....

P.S. I enjoy seeing pictures from excursions we did not go on. After all, we are all barely able to scratch the surface of Alaska. Hopefully I will be back up there relatively soon.

I could post pictures of this excursion or send them to anybody who provides their e-mail address. I had mixed feelings about seeing pictures before I went up to Alaska because I didn't want to lose the surprise element. However, it is also good to know what to expect. I am also very proud of our pictures. So let me know....

P.S. I enjoy seeing pictures from excursions we did not go on. After all, we are all barely able to scratch the surface of Alaska. Hopefully I will be back up there relatively soon.

I would LOVE to see your pictures!

Here are pictures of the Glacier Point Wilderness Sarari from July 5, 2006. We were told it was an ususually beautiful day. The below link is to the Kodak Gallery website. I hope it works.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=22510766108.405400980108.1153106507649&page=1&sort_order=0&navfolderid=0&folderid=0&ownerid=0

Here are pictures of the Glacier Point Wilderness Sarari from July 5, 2006. We were told it was an ususually beautiful day. The below link is to the Kodak Gallery website. I hope it works.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=22510766108.405400980108.1153106507649&page=1&sort_order=0&navfolderid=0&folderid=0&ownerid=0

Need a password to access the pics:D

You must need to register with the Kodak site in order to view the pictures. It's free and a good thing to have for your own pictures.

Can anybody tell me of a site where I can post pictures that are easier for BB users to access?

billrco90278,

Very nice pictures, I am counting my days!! (6 days to go), thank you very much for sharing the pictures. One more question, do you have to take off the shoes before put the boot on? Can we bring the backpack on the canoe? My Glacier Point Widerness Safari excursion is on August 4, I am looking forward to take a lot of pictures, can't wait!!!!.

Liana.

My husband is really interested in the train so I'm really hoping to squeeze in both. I'm guessing there won't be enough train times to fit with this tour. If anyone has done both please chime in! Otherwise I'll probably have to give up this and do the train only.

Go online and book independently for the train. I booked with Chilkatcruises via email, they are on the Internet. I booked for the train early at 8:00ish and the fast ferry at noon and we made it in plenty of time. We boarded the train at the train depot instead of the cruise ship docks, but it was not an exahausting walk. It felt nice to stretch our legs before and after a long train ride. The scenery is spectacular, and our tickets were slightly less expensive than the cruise line price. This is the only way to book your train W/O Carnival because the cruise lines book every seat available at the cruise ship dock in advance. The walk is quick (10 minutes tops)-straight toward town and left at the tracks- and in no way strenuous. If your cruise date is far enough in the future the independent vendor will mail the train tickets to you. I got mine that way two weeks prior to embarkation last summer and it worked out perfectly for my excursion to Haines on their fast ferry at noon after the train ride. We also found that our train car was more spacious as we at the train station had separate car on the train that was not packed like sardines (a little secret-out of the bag). Wear layers on the train as the weather is unpredictable and it can get extremely warm on the train if the sun is shining brightly...Email them or look them up on the Internet. fastferry@chilkatcruises.com

I have actually done the train ride twice and the first time we were fashionably late enough to be boarded on a separate car that had not yet been loaded, and we each had a full bench seat to ourselves and some bench seats were empty. The rest of the cruise passengers were loaded two to a bench seat in the other passenger cars.

Billrco90278 - I just booked the Glacier Wildnerness Safari Excursion for our trip out to Alaska in August. We'll be travelling with our three children (ages 16, 13 and 8) We're scheduled for the noon excursion. Unfortunately, we had to cancel our White Pass excursion since the times overlapped.

quote]

See my earlier posting. I booked an 8:15 train that got back in time for a noon excursion when I went last summer. I booked with Chilkatcruises and they mailed my tickets to me two week before embarkation. You might still be able to do the White Pass Train and the Glacier Wilderness Safari in Skagway. Email them and ask for a quote. You have a short easy walk to the train depot instead of boarding the train at the cruise ship docks, but these are the only train tickets not sold through the cruise lines. fastferry@chilkatcruises.com

Archived