Category W - RCCL?

thepasta

I posted this in the RCCL group, not much response. Anyone have any information on this?

Hello Everyone,

First off... fantastic board here, I've found LOTS of great information. I've been on 6 RC cruises previously... and am going again in September, though I've never done a "Guarantee" until this one. I took a look through the boards, but I am still confused... more so by the RC website.

I originally booked a D2 for $1200. Before I made my final payment I saw the W for $1399, and with the platinum discount... why not. I was told when I upgraded that at a minimum I would have a JS... and on the reservation it says "Junior Suite Guarantee" as well. Here is where I am confused... on the RC site it says:

"With this selection, you are guaranteed to receive a Suite/Deluxe stateroom, which could be in any Suite/Deluxe category (excluding suites)" then says "With this selection, you are guaranteed to receive a superior ocean view stateroom."

So do I get at least a JS? And of course remotely possible to get a GS?

Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Pasta

Hi Pasta,

You will definitely get a minimum JS,and if your very lucky it could be a GS.

I booked a JS and a GTY balcony for my forth coming cruise on Legend,I really wanted 2 Junior Suites as the price was very good but I was told there was only one JS available at that time.I have been watching the RCL cabin availability and up came a W GTY so I paid to get upgraded,and My Cruises showed a JS GTY for sometime and then I was allocated a stateroom number.I can't believe my luck,my JS was a GTY and when allocated it turned out to be an Aft cabin and guess what the same thing has happened again,the upgrade from balcony has now been allocated an Aft cabin.I can't understand this,2 Aft cabins both coming from GTY'S I thought these cabins were the first to go.Maybe there is a problem with them on the Legend of the Seas,I did read that you can get soot deposits on the balcony,maybe the situation has got worse and both familys will be covered in soot every time we step out onto the balcony!!Whatever the case I am extremely pleased and I am sure you will be,have a great cruise.

Archived