QM2 "Cunard Zillionaire" Contestant Files Suit

Crouton

"A Boca Raton man said that he won a $1 million contest aboard the QM 2 but that Cunard refused to pay. The octogenarian filed suit..."

[url="http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/business/9060723.htm?1c"]http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/business/9060723.htm?1c[/url]

Maybe they should just give him a free world cruise...maybe that's all he wants anyway.

Crouton

On other cruise lines but never was it implied that cash would be won. Cunard, being a luxury line, shouldn't have publicized the game as described in the article, if indeed they did. Especially on the QM2 in her maiden season. If the last question was answered correctly, the host probably knew. The CD (who apparently thought up the game) might had thought that no one would be able to answer all questions correctly which is why they said no cash unless all questions correct. That CD is probably looking for a new job right now if this is true. Has anyone out there sailed on this sailing and can give us the real juice? This is unbelievable, LOL

They played it on our cruise, too (Mar 6)... and when I read it in the program, it did sound like they were giving away a million dollars.. then when I got there, and they wheeled out some sort of locked trunk or something and said "there was the milliion".. I knew it was a joke. And then I listened to the first question, which was so esoteric, I knew they had no intention of anyone actually winning.

Of course Florida is the state that prosecuted Publisher's Clearinghouse and that other company for sending those mailings that said "You won a million dollars" and supposedly fooled the elderly there into thinking they had.

Archived