RCCL vs NCL

iceman991

I think it really depends on the ship. RCCL has great new ships that are much better IMO then any of the NCL ships. I also find the service and food slightly better on RCCL. Honestly what keeps us going back on NCL is the itineraries. And if it were not for intineraries on NCL and the great newer ships on RCCL we would not leave Princess because their service and food is unmatched in our opinion.

We also have been on several RCCL cruises and thought of them as a little better overall than Carnival. We just sailed on our first NCL cruise to the Med. Some things NCL did better but overall be much prefer RCCL. In our experience, the service and food in the dining room and entertainment was better on RCCL. We were on the Jewel and the cabin was better than on RCCL cruises and NCL's Express Debarkation was the best of all our cruises. Overall, we do prefer the RCCL experience and all things being equal, would choose RCCL. On our Jewel cruise, the ports were the star of the cruise and since the Voyager was $500 more per person for our chosen week, the Jewel was our choice. Everyone has a different travel style but this is just my opinion :)

You also got to consider where you are going. I see these comparisons all the time that make no sense when you consider where each cruse goes to, unless of course you have no interest in ever getting off the ship. If you want to see Hawaii on a 7 day cruse you better like NCLA becuse that is the only cruse line I've found that does that. Also I see a lot of comparisons of ships that cruse the Carabean then compare that one to the cruse in Hawaii. Apparently the people that wrote these reviews never got off the ship in either place, if they did I really wonder how they can compare the two. I'vr been to both and in my opinion Hawaii is way superior regardless of what the ship itself may be like.

Archived