Fascination Cruise - dinner dress code

sweetcincy

Just want to pack as light as we can. My husband and I are going next sunday on 4-day fascination cruise out of miami. The dinner dress code is a question mark for my hubby. I plan to wear sun dress or capri's to dinner. My husband wants to wear tommy bahama polo shirts and nice shorts with loafters. I know this is an older ship, and wonder how lax they are in their main dinning rooms. He plans to wear pants and nice shirt for formal dinner. Does this cruise even do the formal dinner. Our ports are key west and calica. Can't wait, we love key west, plan to jet ski around island on a tour, schooner wharf, and irish kevins for some laughs, can't wait. :) Thanks in advance!!!!

I was on the Fascination 3/06 for the three day cruise and our formal night was Saturday night and we saw all types of "formal" wear. Some dressed up a lot and some didn't. I will say that shorts were worn in the dining room and no one said anything to those that wore the shorts. I SAW people wearing shorts even though it states no shorts in the dining room. Hubby and I did not wear shorts into the dining room, hubby wore nice khaki or black pants and polo or button up shirts and I wore nice capris/skirt but there were all variations of clothing worn to dinner. I was actually shocked to see men wearing jean shorts and t-shirts. If you can go by what Carnival wants you too then I say do it; wear button up shirts, khakis, nice casual skirt/capris on regualr nights and suit/tux nicer dress on formal night. People do notice what you wear! :p

Archived