NCL - Maui Embarkation in 2007

ManOfSnow

I looked on the website for NCL for around April/May 2007 and it looks like they've pulled the optional Maui embarkation that took place on Fridays. Is this sailing completly dropped? I really wanted to fly into Maui a few days early and then board in Maui. Any help would be appreciated!

They had a Maui embarkation back in 2002 when I was on the Star. They were in the process of dropping it then and I would guess for the same reasons, they are dropping it again.

The reasons in 2002 were that it tied up rooms and really only certain rooms were available for Maui embarkation. (those of the people who left)

It also left rooms empty sometimes between ports. (someone boards in Honolulu in a suite and sails for 7 days, but the next week, the suite is booked by a Maui embarkee and so that leaves the cabin open for 5 days and then filled for 7 and then open for 2 until the ship gets back to Honolulu because the next bookee is Honolulu.)

It was also harder because of having to have luggage handling services on two different days, customs, etc. (although customs is no longer an issue on the NCL-America ships.)

I don't know why NCL doesn't just take the POA (smaller of the three ships) and make it Maui only embarkation with an overnight stop in Honolulu instead of Maui)

It's a less flown in airport, while there are a limited number of flights, the majority of flights is into honolulu wich makes it easier. I don't think it'd be as easy to fill up the entire ship were it a maui only ship

Only half of the ship is reserved for passengers embarking on Maui. The other half of the ship is for the honalulu departure.

Only half of the ship is reserved for passengers embarking on Maui. The other half of the ship is for the honalulu departure.

So, I guess they are just dropping it now so that the entire ship gets on in Honalulu?

Archived