What should I expect in my cruise docs?

bonbon663

My TA called the other day, and told me to come in to pick up my cruise documents. Since this is my first cruise, I would like to know what to expect to receive. I have done the online check-in with Celebrity, so, I have printed off the pass with the bar code.

Will I get detailed stuff like dinner seating info etc? I know, I'm stressing on the details, but at least I'm not asking about dress code.......:o

event.png

For each cabin you will receive a bound booklet which includes the following:-

Cruise summary - this confirms main or second dining, date of sailing etc. etc.

Travel itinerary, including arrival and departure times for ports

Port Directions for your embarkation port

Confirmation of any shore excursions you have already booked

General info on tips, dress code etc. etc.

And last, but not least your luggage tags

Have a wonderful cruise

Ok, another question about....about luggage tags. We have got airport transfers included, so, when we arrive in Vancouver, do we haul our luggage off the carousel or does Celebrity take care of that?

We've always arranged our own flights so I can't help with this one. I would have thought though that you have to get your own luggage as you have to take it through customs (if it is a different country obviously).

:confused: ARRGGHH!!!! I sincerely hope all the details I'm fussing about become self evident as it happens. I just have visions of waiting, and waiting for my luggage, and finding out it's still going around in circles on the carousel.

event.png

:confused: ARRGGHH!!!! I sincerely hope all the details I'm fussing about become self evident as it happens. I just have visions of waiting, and waiting for my luggage, and finding out it's still going around in circles on the carousel.

event.png

I can't help you - I'm stressing about our first cruise next summer which is why I need you to come back and tell me everything. I have visions of arriving at the pier and not having two clues as to where to go or what to do all the while dragging our mega suitcases along ! ! Although my DH has a terrible sense of direction in cities, he is a much more experienced traveller than I - he's great in airports....sure hope I can say the same for piers/ships !

Really looking forward to your review and all the detailed info. !

Have a wonderful cruise !

I can't give you a definitive answer on that, but with all of the security measures in place you have to be in control of and claim all your own bags. I can't remember but I do believe they need to see the luggage tag reciepts when you exit the baggage area.

I would guess that with transfers they would have a desk area with information. Once you get your bags you would ask them where the transfer is and go from there. Thats how it worked in Ft. Lauderdale a few years back for us.

Dave:eek:

I think it depends who you sail with, where from, if it is a scheduled flight or a charter.

Our last Caribbean cruise with P&O we flew charter from London to Bermuda. On that occasion the luggage was handed in at the airport, bonded by Customs into secure containers and was delivered straight to our cabin.

Other cruises we have had to collect our luggage ourselves off the carrousel and push it on one of the many trolleys available in the luggage arrivals area, through customs to the transfer coach.

We are going to from UK to Alaska on Summit from Vancouver on the 15 July sailing on a scheduled flight. Our TA has given us two sets of labels - one set to go on the cases for the flight London / Vancouver on the 14th,( Celebrity have laid on a transfer to our hotel.) Next day we will put the Celebrity labels on the cases for our transfer to Summit.

As you are still airside when you get your cases, I expect it will be down to you to grab them off the carousel as they go by. I expect Vancouver is like most international airports – clearly marked where to go to collect luggage and the way out through customs.

I am expecting the Celebrity reps to be waiting outside customs – waving a clip board telling us where to go.

It should be easy but one tip – check your luggage for damage as you get it off the carousel – if it is damaged there will be a desk in the carousel hall where you can report it. It is usually in my experience sorted out there and then.

When we cruised out of Vancouver a couple of years ago, we had to claim our luggage at the air port and process through customs. Then we were directed to a bus where we droped our luggage and it was taken from there to our cabin. Have a wonderful cruise.

I'm not sure how it works because I'm coming from Toronto (within Canada), so, I don't think I deal with customs till just before boarding.

I'm hoping the nice person with the clipboard will tell me what to do...LOL

ARRGGHHH!!!!!:confused:

event.png

If you choose the e-docs then you have to hand write your luggage tags at the pier.

It sounds worse than it really is.

They actually have a table set up with the tags, just fill out your cabin # and other info then drop off the bags as you would if you had a pre-printed tag.

We've actually done this when we had an extra bag and no tags for it. The hand written tag arrived before the pre-printed tagged ones:confused:

Thats why we always choose the paper docs. You have more than just a piece of paper in your hands, you have all your trip info, shore excursions, etc...like a little trip encyclopedia.

Dave:eek:

We just booked last week and it is interesting that you imply that e-tickets were an option -- our TA presented to us that e-tickets is the way that Celebrity does it -- we were not offered an option -- could the e-ticket be part of the reason that this cruise was so VERY reasonably priced?

Thanks for the info -- I think I can handle filling out tags at the pier.

What time do you suppose we should plan to arrive at the pier? I have read that the docs say to board at 1:30, but I have also read that many have boarded earlier than that -- any suggestions are welcome.

Archived