Spirit - AD vs. AC?

amy86

We are booked on the Spirit in a AD penthouse right now. Just in case the upsell fairy calls, would it be worth it to change to an AC?

AD = aft balcony, which I've never had, but I really think we'll like

AC = side balcony, and possibly a bit larger overall? Is that true? Other than a few extra square feet, is there any other advantage? Being one deck up really doesn't matter to us.

Of course, if we get the upsell for the AA... well, that's another story. ;)

I'd stay with the AD Aft. The balcony is bigger, GREAT view, less wind, the relaxing sound of the churning wake below. Aft cabins and suites are our favorite. If you can up-sell, go with one of the 2 front CORNER AB's (the 3 centers ones aren't worth it) or the AA Owners Suite.

Thanks - that's exactly what I though. Good to know the balcony is bigger, that's a huge plus for us.

So there's no noise from the kids pool directly above? That made me a bit nervous, but I haven't seen one person complain about it, which I'm taking as good news. (and I thought - if there is noise from the pool, they probably wouldn't have put the AA suites right there).

We sailed in one of the aft suites in March of 2005. The suite was perfect. Bathroom is a destination in itself. The only negative was strong vibrations when the ship was churning at full speed, the first night. Depending on the length of the evening's leg and/or itinerary, she may not need to barrel along at full throttle. Do not worry about noise from the pool above. We were never disturbed. There is one plus to the pool's location, BAR!!! Of course, the butler could bring it but, why wait. Quick jog up two flights. The corner AB's are very nice. I loved our aft suite, though. Planning on the same for NCL Pearl.

Enjoy!!!

Archived