Crown to Bermuda Cabin Questions

loisagogo

Should I book port or starboard cabin on the Crown in Bermuda??

also looking at the no-balcony suite cabins. Size on deck 10 is 229 sq. ft.

size on deck nine is 290 sq. ft. I got these stats from cruise website but deck 10 looks like a better deck to stay on because it has the Cafe Italia on that deck. Has anyone stayed in 1018 or 1019 (229 sq. ft) on Penthouse deck or 9040, 9041, 9042, 9043 (290 sq.ft) on deck below which is all cabin deck.

Price difference is $50/per person more for the 290 sq. ft. cabin on the website I am looking at.

We stayed in 1016 w/ balcony and enjoyed it very much. If memory serves me correctly, 1018 was next door and huge windows. Cafe Italia was rarely open and is only an outside cafeteria style counter service venue. I think it is better to be Aft because all the restaurants are there and I would say Port side. We were Starboard and in Hamilton they have a huge street festival and marching band on the nights when the Crown is docked. I'm pretty sure we couldn't see it from our room because it was on the other side (Port). Other than that, it really doesn't matter. We loved the crown. It is not a large modern ship but we had a great time and really enjoyed Bermuda.

Have a great trip!

Loisagogo...

...in 2004 we stayed on port side

...in 2005 we stayed on starboard

I didn't notice much difference except where the sun is shining at different times of the day...both cruises we stayed in the owner's suites so had the balcony to enjoy ... and it is worth every cent.

Here's links to the pics from those two years (many of the room and balcony area):

2004 http://community.webshots.com/album/200127584nWtoef

2005 http://community.webshots.com/album/470364710ZvQTYL

Enjoy your trip.

Hi. I believe I stayed in 1019 on the penthouse deck (with my sister), I would have to check that out to be sure, while my parents and my other sister and brother stayed in the owner's suite. It was nice, I have no complaints. However, a balcony would have been nice, but the window is very big I believe it was floor to celieng. I was mostly in my parents room, however. We were upgraded, and if you have the money or you are offered an upgrade, take it. That was fabululous, the butler and conceirge. Anway as I was saying, the room was nice, no complaints.

Archived