just received email from CDC re: Spirit

NYJean

Bonnie,

LOL. When I opened the binder in our room there were fingerprints on the menu page. Hmm, probably uh, pizza sauce! You are right tho, we need to keep this in perspective. I go through the rooms once at embarkation and I honestly do not think about it again. Cruising is fabulous! Have a wonderful vacation, OMG you leave in 5 days!!

We got a notice about the survey as well. We were on the Spirit 6/11 and our 9 year old daughter got very sick at the end of our trip. She had a 104 fever for 5 days, stomach ache and she ended up with pneumonia. Our doctor treated it very aggressively and she recovered well, but there is a good chance that she actually had Legionnaire's Disease. She was not cultured, so we do not have a definitive diagnosis. We wrote NCL and reported the possibility along with info as to which hot tubs she had been in (possible source of LD contamination.)

We will filll out the survey and hope that someone takes it quite seriously so that more people do not get sick. I believe the state of New York health department was mentioned in the email advising us of the survey to come as well. Good to know!

Archived