Orlando-Port Canaveral question

texasgirl

Okay guys this is probably the ultimate in nutty questions but I need help! I've booked my hubby and his bro on the Glory leaving out of Port Canaveral. We've always left out of Tampa or Miami so I'm kind of lost. I'm assuming I fly them into Orlando and arrange transportation to a hotel near the port. They would also love to see the space center. If they flew into Orlando on Friday am, getting there about noon, would they have time to go to the space center that afternoon. Thanks for your help

Okay guys this is probably the ultimate in nutty questions but I need help! I've booked my hubby and his bro on the Glory leaving out of Port Canaveral. We've always left out of Tampa or Miami so I'm kind of lost. I'm assuming I fly them into Orlando and arrange transportation to a hotel near the port. They would also love to see the space center. If they flew into Orlando on Friday am, getting there about noon, would they have time to go to the space center that afternoon. Thanks for your help

If you are going to sail out of Pt. Canaveral, you would fly into Orlando. If you're flying in the day of the cruise, I would recommend getting transportation from Mears, which is located right at Orlando airport. I believe they charge $15 per person to transport from the airport to the pier.

If you are traveling in a day ahead, I would rent a car at the airport and drop it off in Pt. Canaveral the next day. The car rental probably won't be any more than $60 (the price of the Mears transportation), but you would have transportation for you time in Pt. Canaveral. The last time we did this, we rented from Avis and there is an Avis drop-off right at the Radisson Hotel. The hotel was 5 minutes from the ship, and Avis provided a shuttle.

About the Space Center, I have never been, however, I have been told to allow a full day to be able to see everything. You will pay th same admission, regardless of how long you stay, so make the most of it. The ride from Orlando Airport to Pt. Canaveral is about an hour, on top of getting luggage, securing transportation, etc., so they probably wouldn't get to the Space Center until after 2:00 pm., but it might be worth it to them.

We did the Glory in May and rented a car from Avis from the Orlando airport for two days and it was 63.00 :) We dropped off at Avis and they shuttled us to the ship. After the crusie we rented Avis again 32.00 for the day and it was nice they got us off the ship and we returned the car in the airport......IMO better than dealing with Shuttles.

Kenendy Space center really takes a full day, so if its an option go in a day ahead :)

Thanks for the info! From what I've gathered web-wise this morning, it sounds like renting a car is definitely the easiest and cheapest. It sounds like if the guys want to do the space center, they should fly in late Thursday and have all day Friday for that.

Hello all, I wanted to give you heads up to a great idea I have used several times now. We always fly into Orlando and rent a car at the airport. Then later we drop the car off at the Miami Airport, where most of the rental car places have free shuttles to the port. Talk about saving money. This time we are using Thrifty rental car. Hope this helps!

We did the Glory in May and rented a car from Avis from the Orlando airport for two days and it was 63.00 :) We dropped off at Avis and they shuttled us to the ship. After the crusie we rented Avis again 32.00 for the day and it was nice they got us off the ship and we returned the car in the airport......IMO better than dealing with Shuttles.

Kenendy Space center really takes a full day, so if its an option go in a day ahead :)

DST - so Avis will shuttle you to the port and then pick you up from the port after the cruise?

Doug

Monarch of The Seas 8/92

Mardi Gras 3/93

Victory 3/03

Glory 8/06

Archived