? on Rule about "Lines" vs. "Agencies"

LunaTEKKE

Hi All,

I found these boards recently and am curious about the reasons for the rule regarding not naming specific agencies.

I can understand not wanting this board to suddenly be filled with spam from agencies. However, I think it would be a great service for singles to know about the experience other folks had with specific agencies.

I will be taking my first cruise on NCL's PoA later this summer. There is an online agency that organized a singles cruise for that particular sailing. However, without having any "references", I was reluctant to spend that much money with an online service that I'd never used before! I ended up booking the same itinerary, but through a travel agent that I've worked with before. (I know I won't be able to participate in any of the activities, but I'm hoping that the presence of this group will at least improve the odds *slightly* in terms of meeting fellow singles!)

It turns out I probably would have been OK with this agency, as I've since read positive reviews on other sites. However, I've heard of one case where a singles cruise was booked through an agency -- and they ended up cancelling all the hosted activities because not enough people signed up!

Personally, I'd find it helpful to hear different opinions on various agencies in terms of reliability, age range, and how well organized the activities are. Just my 2 cents.

-- Kimberly

Thank you for your Money_2_cents_prv.gif

However, the Community Guidelines are not to be discussed on the boards.

LauraS, Community Manager, states in the Guidelines, ... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you...

You can reach her via e-mail at community@cruisecritic.com and don't forget to include your user name. E-mails are answered in the order received. With over 200,000 members at this time and e-mails being received 24/7, there are many. Please be patient.

Kat

Archived