Sailing Pride of America with our children

lucymik

I never did a Hawaii cruise with kids, but I do know that NCL has a wonderful kids' crew program! I believe one of the groups is from ages 6 to 9 so that would be perfect for them! Purchasing the kids' soda program is a great idea if your kids love soda. It will save you a lot of money throughout the week. Also, they have a terrific kids' menu on NCL and they could also order anything from the regular menu that they want (they're not limited to the kids' menu). We're cruising with my 18-month-old son on Saturday on the Spirit, and he loves all different foods, not just typican kids' items, so I will also be ordering certain things for him from the regular menu!

As for excursions, I would stick to things that of course are kid-friendly, and not too long in duration so they don't get bored. Maybe even do your own thing so you can spend as much time as you want doing certain things. I'm sure your kids will enjoy the cruise. I was 13 when my parents first took me on a cruise and my sister was 15. I would have been happy doing this type of vacation all throughout childhood, not just as a teenager! We went every year since then until I was in the middle of college. Now we all go together whenever we can. For my hubby and I it has been every 2 years or so. Once we have older kids I would like that to be once a year! Have a great cruise!

-Bonnie

Archived