Just back from Freedom of the Seas 07/09/06

Soda cards are $6 per day for adults and $4 per day for children. Also a 15% gratuity is added. We also received collectable FOS mugs for everyone who bought the soda package.

Ice Show tickets are distributed near Studio B on the first sea day of the cruise in the morning. The times will be listed in the Cruise Compass.

We got our Ice Show tickets from the Diamond Club from Dianna. One word of caution - she was not planning to give us tickets for our children since they are technically not Diamond members. When we first asked her about the Ice Show tickets she did not tell us this. We found out after the regular tickets were already distributed so she gave them to us. But if you have children with you - ask - so there are no surprises!

cruislovin: How did you like the diamond club room?

We were in Grand Suite and got the ice show tickets from Francois. It said we could go to any ice show that we wantted to go to.

Currently we have 6 Royal Caribbean cruises, 11 Carnival Cruises, and one princess cruise. Took Carnival too many times or we could have been diamond members. :rolleyes:

cruislovin: How did you like the diamond club room?

The Diamond Club is absolutely fabulous in every way! We loved every moment spent there. It has a fantastic view, it was rarely crowded, and Dianna is great! We will definitely miss it when we are not on a Freedom Class ship... The only complaint is that it is a LOOOONG walk - the Concierge Club is more conveniently located. But the view was WORTH it!

The Diamond Club is absolutely fabulous in every way! We loved every moment spent there. It has a fantastic view, it was rarely crowded, and Dianna is great! We will definitely miss it when we are not on a Freedom Class ship... The only complaint is that it is a LOOOONG walk - the Concierge Club is more conveniently located. But the view was WORTH it!

Does the Diamond Club do the same thing as the concierge? Like get you ice show tickets, have free drinks in the lounge, h'ordorves in the lounge, etc.

Does the Diamond Club do the same thing as the concierge? Like get you ice show tickets, have free drinks in the lounge, h'ordorves in the lounge, etc.

Yes, all the same services were available, with many fewer people wanting attention! Ice show tickets, free drinks from 5-8:30 PM (I think that's the correct hours), continental breakfast in the morning, coffee bar 24 hours a day, reservations for the specialty restaurants and spa, etc.

Yes, all the same services were available, with many fewer people wanting attention! Ice show tickets, free drinks from 5-8:30 PM (I think that's the correct hours), continental breakfast in the morning, coffee bar 24 hours a day, reservations for the specialty restaurants and spa, etc.

Sounds good. Was the room itself as big as the concierge room? I heard that the view is nice.

Sounds good. Was the room itself as big as the concierge room? I heard that the view is nice.

The room is probably about half the size on the concierge lounge on the Voyager class ships. I did not see the concierge lounge on the Freedom. Was it larger than on the Voyager class ships?

The view is spectacular and the space is set-up very efficiently. We also liked the mix of seating options - sofas and chairs like in the concierge lounge, but also some cafe style tables and chairs too. These were especially nice for the continental breakfast.

We thought it was very well done in every way!

Cruizlovin - do you remember which nights the kids could eat at Johnny Rockets with the kids club staff? I'm trying to plan our Chops & Portofinos nights. Thanks.

Sorry, nan, but I cannot answer this. My children are teens and we eat together each evening.

Anyone else able to assist nan?

The room is probably about half the size on the concierge lounge on the Voyager class ships. I did not see the concierge lounge on the Freedom. Was it larger than on the Voyager class ships?

The view is spectacular and the space is set-up very efficiently. We also liked the mix of seating options - sofas and chairs like in the concierge lounge, but also some cafe style tables and chairs too. These were especially nice for the continental breakfast.

We thought it was very well done in every way!

The Concierge Room was on Deck 10 near the back of the ship.

I thought the Concierge Room was the same size as Voyager Class Ships, it looked exactly the same.

I can't believe it's been nearly 2 months since I was on Freedom of the Seas. I see her on the Miami Webcam right now and I saw the Flowrider. I miss watching the flowrider even though it hurt so much to fall. :eek:

Yes, I can hardly believe it was 2 months ago since our 7/9/06 cruise on Freedom. It doesn't hardly seem possible, does it, after all the waiting and anticipating, and now I can hardly wait to plan our next cruise!

I agree. It just doesn't seem like it's been two months. We took three out of four of our kids(25, 2l and 19--our 23 yr old couldn't come since she is currently going to Midwestern Univ. and is in the Physician Asst. program). We also took our parents, second time we took them and we have some wonderful memories. You are lucky that you have parents who take you on some wonderful cruises that you will never forget. We are platinum now-only 5 cruises so far, but we have also taken some wonderful land vacations with our kids too--Hawaii, Calif, Florida, Wash D.C., New York, etc. We are going to Disney World next May for my 50th with all four kids and our son-in-law. I would like to go on the Genesis for sure, but maybe the Freedom/Liberty sister ship.

Have never done any other cruise line but Royal Caribbean and since we have had 5 excellent experiences, see no need to change now. The Viking Serenade was our first, and is since retired, the Legend was good, too, but I would have to say that the Voyager and now Freedom class are by far our favorites with such a wide variety of things for everyone to do. Since we are from AZ, would like to see a Voyager class in CA someday. We will probably do a Mediterranean cruise someday-but right now we are enjoying the Caribbean!

Archived