Just back from Freedom of the Seas 07/09/06

Well, I started cruising when I was only about 6 months old and my parents took my on a lot of Carnival cruises because it is more suited for children. I'm going to be 18 years old soon and I'm wantting to go on more Royal Caribbean cruises because it's more up scale. ;) In Carnival, we stayed in the LARGEST room on the ship. They didn't give us anything or any priority. But on Royal Caribbean we stayed in Grand Suite and we got a lot of perks. So, I'm trying to say that I like the class of Royal Caribbean better then Carnival ;)

It sounds like you have wonderful parents, and it sounds like you will be vacationing with them for a long time. Our oldest daughter is 25, and she still enjoys travelling with us. Since our second daughter is 23 and married and in her first year at Midwestern Univ., she wasn't able to go with us this past cruise, but she will be joining us on our Orlando/DisneyWorld trip with her husband next July. Our 21 year old daughter still enjoys travelling with us, too, but our 19 year old son, who still does go with us, is more interested as a boy to do some trips with his buddies. It sounds like you will be more like our daughters--which is very nice for your parents, too.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi CruiseAwaywithme

We are thinking of booking the GS cabin on the Liberty for 09-07.

When you are on the Freedom GS, do you recall if we can swivel the flat screen tv to face either the bedroom or the sitting room sofa?

We have 4 people, so depending on who's watching TV, we'll need to turn the TV around. Do you know if we can do that?

Please let us know as it would be helpful to know what to expect.

Thanks.

I believe that the tv can swivel a little bit.

dsc02724lh0.jpg

Here's the back of the tv.

dsc02053ra2.jpg

This picture is a little bit blurry.

dsc02054sw1.jpg

Here's a picture I took that I really liked. :)

I'm going on Liberty of the Seas on July 7, 2007 a couple months before you. I can check it out and take a few more pictures ;)

Archived