San Juan - Destiny Help!

We have had to revise our Christmas plans. Originally we were going to take the Celebrity Constellation for 9 nights departing on December 24th but, due to scheduling conflicts, we are now going to take the Carnival Destiny departing on December 26th.

OK HELP! We've been on the Destiny twice before but, that is when she was brand new. How is she holding up? Anyone have any recent photos? We're booked in Category 11 - never had a suite on any Carnival ship (although we've had suites and mini-suites on other lines) - what can we expect? I know we get a full bathroom and larger balcony but, anything else we should know?

It's also been a long while since we've been to San Juan. We're flying down Christmas Day. We've stayed at the Marriott twice before and have always liked it - care to make another recommendation for a hotel?

How long of a walk to see anything near the cruise terminal? Ok, I think that's about all - just looking for the latest on the Destiny.

PS- Anyone have any idea who might be cruise director on the Destiny in December? Kind of hoping for Greg Kneal, one of my Carnival favorites!

Thanks a bunch everyone, looking forward to your replies!

Joe

Joe- Take a deep breath and be happy you're going "home" to the Destiny! Honestly, I haven't been on her since the year she came out I believe, but I'm booked in October. Old Town San Juan and lots of Hotels are within walking distance from the Terminal. Of course a couple bucks in a Taxi will get you to town a bit quicker. Category 11 Suites are just a bit bigger with a Wet Bar area, refrigerator, and full size bathroom. Sometimes the balconies aren't any bigger, just depends. The best thing about the Suites is priority boarding in the Captain's Club. Enjoy your Cruise!!!

Archived