Pros/Cons Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Beach

momK

Hi,

My family and I stayed there for a 1 night precruise stay in March 2004. This hotel is located at A1A & Sunrise, it is in a great location, just across the street from the beach. Most of the rooms do have an ocean view.

The Hotel itself is just OK. The Hotel is older. Rooms were typical hotel rooms, nothing fancy, just 2 double beds and a bathroom. Our room was clean. I was disappointed that the window did not open and our TV did not work properly, but having only paid $75 (at the height of Spring Break) through Pricline for this Hotel, I did not expect the Ritz Carlton. The hallways had a slight moldy smell. The swimming pool was very small and was always crowded.

The on site restaurant was very good, if a little expensive. This hotel was rated as a 3 star, which in my opinion is a stretch. I would rate this Hotel 2 stars. If you are looking for a very basic, no frills hotel for one night pre cruise, I think that you will be fine. It's about a 10-15 minute cab ride to the cruise port from the Hotel.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Rose :D

Archived