When do you start packing?

We tend to vacation to warm places in the winter, so, the summer clothes get put away in the suit cases at the end of summer. I will pull them out about two weeks precruise to rewash and iron. I hope I have enough stuff, as I have lost weight and don't have many short my size. As it is winter, not many shorts in the stores here in Wisconsin. Oh well, maybe I can pick up something in Mexico.

I always cruise spur-of-the-moment (purchase passage 3-5 days before the cruise) and travel to Mexico frequently. I keep a men's toiletry case filled with everything I may need and two suit coats with slacks still in their cleaner bags along with 3-4 dress shirts cleaned, pressed, folded, and bagged. Throw in the laptop, camera, battery charger, 3 sets of batteries, and a few Hawaiian shirts, shorts, underwear and socks, and I'm outta here. :)

Usually pack 1-2 hours before driving to the cruise port or the airport. (I'm a guy so I can get away with this).

If I forget something, its a sure sign that I didn't need it. :D

Next time I'm going to substitute 2 extra sets of batteries for the charger. (Lighter and saves space).

Archived