Priority Embarkation in Seattle?

zorbarick

I am traveling with a group of 16 on the 7/23/06 NCL Star cruise to Alaska. We embark from Seattle, and I was looking for some guidiance on whether I qualify for priority at embarkation and, if so, whether my traveling companions may join me. Two possibilities exist:

1. I am in an AF minisuite. Does this category qualify and, if so, can the 10 people in the group not in an AF (6 of us are) check in with us?

2. I am a Latitudes member (with only one prior cruise). Does this qualify and, again, if so, can the other 11 in the group who are not Latitudes members (5 of us are) check in with us.

Aside from this, a couple of other questions:

3. Assuming priority embarkation is possible, does it really save time in Seattle, or are we just as well off standing in the regular line?

4. Whether in the priority line or the regular line, what is the best time to check in?

Thanks in advance for any help. -- Rick

On our Sun cruise in June, the Latitudes rep told me that it would be fine for all of our party (17 strong) to check in at the Latitudes desk, even though only 2 of us were Latitudes members. But the others had already headed for the "regular" check-in, and it was so uncrowded, they were checking in at the same time that we were at the Latitudes one! We rejoined in the waiting area. As for the suite line, one of our group was booked into a suite and went to that line but was not told whether or not others could join. Again, it wasn't a problem since there was practically no waiting in any line. (We were at the pier about 10:45)

Enoy your cruise--we sure did!

I am traveling with a group of 16 on the 7/23/06 NCL Star cruise to Alaska. We embark from Seattle, and I was looking for some guidiance on whether I qualify for priority at embarkation and, if so, whether my traveling companions may join me. Two possibilities exist:

1. I am in an AF minisuite. Does this category qualify and, if so, can the 10 people in the group not in an AF (6 of us are) check in with us?

2. I am a Latitudes member (with only one prior cruise). Does this qualify and, again, if so, can the other 11 in the group who are not Latitudes members (5 of us are) check in with us.

Aside from this, a couple of other questions:

3. Assuming priority embarkation is possible, does it really save time in Seattle, or are we just as well off standing in the regular line?

4. Whether in the priority line or the regular line, what is the best time to check in?

Thanks in advance for any help. -- Rick

Rick, mini-suites don't qualify for priority embarkation--just AE and above.

I would suggest arriving at the pier by 11:00 a.m. when the lines are very short and you don't have to worry about checking in. Sometimes the Latitudes line is longer than the regular one. "Normally" boarding begins between 11:45 a.m. and noon.

Have a great cruise!

Archived