Eastern Med in April?

Has anyone had an experience weather wise with cruising Eastern Med in April? Are we going to experince tons of rain and chill? What have I done?? Italy, France and the Greece.

I assume that it is a quieter time, and it will be less crowded, but I am really concerned about the weather.

I cruised Turkey, Greek Islands, Croatia, Montenegro & Italy April 18-May 10. In Turkey we had quite a few mornings that were quite cool (low to mid 40's). It was foggy in the mornings; & got up to mid 60's in the aft. Excursions on the Bosphorus Sea were downright cold. Out of 6 days, we had rain on 2 of them. As we sailed west, it got a little warmer. Highs were between 65-72; very cool mornings & a good bit of rain. Just be prepared for the weather w/ a travel size umbrella & a raincoat w/ a lightweight zip out lining. Once the sun sets it cools down pretty quickly. Two things I will say about doing the Med. in the early part of the season. Fewer crowds & the flowers are gorgeous.

Archived