NCL Spirit 8 nt - kids eat with camp night? Italian night ?

We are going on the NCL 8 nt sailing in a few weeks and wanted to know which night the kids camp eats with the camp staff ?

Has anyone used the kids camp program ? Any comments ?

Also, someone mentioned that the 1st night on board was half price at the fee restaurants? Do you know which restaurants were included (or excluded from this offer)?

One last thing, someone mentioned Italian Night in the main restaurants ? Do you know which night that was.

These questions are geared towards helping me figure out which nights to make which reservations for.

Thanks in advance

Gina

We are going on the NCL 8 nt sailing in a few weeks and wanted to know which night the kids camp eats with the camp staff ?

Has anyone used the kids camp program ? Any comments ?

Also, someone mentioned that the 1st night on board was half price at the fee restaurants? Do you know which restaurants were included (or excluded from this offer)?

Gina

Actually, it is not the Kids eating with the Kids Club counselors, it is called a "family dinner night" and the counselors, the kids and their families eat together in the main dining room. Kids Club does not start accepting drop offs until 7:00 p.m.

My daughter has loved Kids Crew on the Star, Dawn and POA. She can't wait to go. Remember that kids crew is open from 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. at night and during the morning and afternoon on sea days. The kids club is closed for lunch (12-1 I believe) and dinner (5-7 p.m.). During time in port and after 10:00 p.m., group babysitting is available for a per hour fee. You must sign up ahead of time and there are no organized activities.

The two for one deal on the Dawn was on the Day of Embarkation only and it was because of coupon books that some TA's get from NCL and pass on to their customers. (we had six!!)

Thanks for your reply

I have been on over 20 cruises and I have never been on one that did not offer 1 night where the kids get dropped off at 6 pm for dinner with the camp staff. Then they go directly into camp with the staff from dinner (which normally starts at 7 pm).

I hope NCL did not do away with this. My kids (and my husband and myself) love it !!!

We were on the Pride of America this year and they still offered it.

Gina

Just checked my kids club info from both the Star in 2005 & Dawn this year.

On the Star: "Kids Club Dinner" was from 7:00 - 8:00 in the buffet and it did not say anything about parents attending.

On the Dawn this year: "Kids Club Dinner" was from 6:00-7:00 in the buffet and the note my wife got at orientation about it says: "we ask that parents remain during the kids club dinner."

Archived