HELP Please FLL-Miami shuttles

theandersons

Upon the advice of several posters, I am flying into FLL instead of MIA for the cost savings, even though my cruise leaves out of the Port of Miami. I did find a much better deal on airfare (saved me close to $200). I have booked a hotel in MIA that offers free transportation to the port, and also offers transportation to the Bayside Marketplace area. The problem is that I have not been able to find reasonable transportation from FLL to my hotel. So far the prices I have been quoted are $65-85 :confused: for my husband and I. I vaguely remember seeing posts that indicated transportation from FLL to MIA would be around $18-$20 per person. I will also need transportation from the pier back to FLL airport. Has anyone used a shuttle service they would recommend that is cheaper than $65 per person each way? Should we reserve shuttle transportation from the pier back to FLL now, or will we find a better deal pierside? If I end up having to rent a car, what companies would be willing to drive us either back to our hotel or back to port on the morning we depart? Thanks in advance.

When you arrive in FLL right outside the baggage claim area you will find the kiosk for http://www.floridalimo.com offering a shared ride service to the Miami area for $18/pp (that's the price I paid in Feb). You tell the dispatcher where you want to go, and within 30 minutes you will be on your way. You may make imtermediate stops and take local roads, so it could be an hour and a half to two hours until you get to your Miami hotel from the time you first get to the kiosk. For one or two people this is the cheapest way to go.

For the return to FLL from the Miami Port, many people have said that there are shuttle drivers at the pier looking for fares to FLL, generally in the $40 range for the trip for I guess up to 3 or 4 people, so if you are not on a tight schedule, this may work for you.

Spend some time going back several pages on this board and you will find other threads dealing with this same topic.

try this link also: http://www.portofmiamishuttle.com/?gclid=COrYmtL2hIYCFSlmDgodfT_4iA

they have a shuttle from FLL to port of Miami that leaves every 30 minutes and will cost u $24 per person...i was going to use this but decided to rent a car from enterprise because we're arriving the day before the cruise...one way rental picking up at FLL and returning to downtown Miami will cost $37 total ( tax and fees), they will give us a ride from the downtown Miami Enterprise to the Port. When we arrive the day before to FLL, we will drive to Miami and stay the night...i'm still looking for a decent hotel at a good price..any ideas?

Archived