T/A disembarking at Southampton

Highly Sociable

I add a minimum of 4-5 hours from disembarkation time. That usually covers most unforeseen problems and hold-ups, such as late docking and so forth. You can always grab a leisurely coffee at the station if you have time to spare there, which is alot better on the blood pressure than rushing about like something demented if your train departure is too tight.

But then this is just how I do things, I much prefer to have spare time to play with as a cushion to cover for any difficulties encountered.

:)

Like Goldryder said, I'd give a few hours, maybe just after lunch time. It may be worth checking if any other ships are in on the day, as it sometimes gets a little hectic! If you do have any spare time, there are plenty of things to do in the vicinity of the train station, so enjoy!

A little help please. We are sailing from NY to Southampton and the itinery says docking at 9am. How quickly will be disembark? We need to catch a train from Southampton station for the rest of our journey and I need to know which one to book. Thanks.

I hate being hurded around, if you have a free day to travel at your leisure I would keep your luggage in your cabin, rather than putting it out the night before (assuming there is not so much of it that you can't easily wheel it around yourself). Then in the morning leave the cabin at a reasonable time to allow the stewards to clean and tidy the room for the next occupants (9ish) sit up on the deck behind the lido where you can help yourself to tea and coffee, then when it looks like most of the mayhem has subsided stroll off leisurely, jump in a taxi to the station and buy a ticket, the trains will be fairly regular throughout the day, and like the other poster says, you can always have more drinkies at the staion while you wait for your train.

Archived