London weather in May

Any one know what kind of weather is normal in England and Scotland in May? After my 19 day transatlantic cruise form Houston in April 2007 I will be in the UK for around two weeks and take a tour up to Scotland and then back to London to catch a flight home. The tour bus limits me to going off for a month long trip with ONE suitcase. Any hints on what rain gear/jacket will take the least space?

Any one know what kind of weather is normal in England and Scotland in May? After my 19 day transatlantic cruise form Houston in April 2007 I will be in the UK for around two weeks and take a tour up to Scotland and then back to London to catch a flight home. The tour bus limits me to going off for a month long trip with ONE suitcase. Any hints on what rain gear/jacket will take the least space?

Check out this site...it will give you averages,but with the weather as it is this year being strange all over the globe who knows what it will be like next year.

Weatherbase

Sorry, none of us can be anywhere near precise on this one; May can be beautiful in Scotland, but it's pretty unlikely to be anything more than warm and could be freezing cold. Same applies to England, although the temperatures (at least in the South) should be warmer.

Bring warm sweater, waterproof thin jacket, heavier coat or jacket and small foldable umbrella. You are unlikely to need shorts, but who knows; bring some lighter clothes also. It's been done to death on here, but plan to dress in layers.

Regards, Mary

Archived