Aft Cabin on AOS question

My family and I are booked on the March 25, 2007 AOS cruise out of San Juan. Yesterday, I happened to call the RCI customer care center to see if I could move from the 7th deck to the 8th deck and stay within our same cabin category - E1. The rep that I spoke with told me that cabin 8390, aft cabin starboard side, was available. I literally snatched it up but am now having second thoughts.

Here's my questions: does the balconey become covered with ash? can the people in the cabins above us look down on our balconey - we had this situation this past year on Caribbean Princess and didn't like it and finally, is the balconey covered? Anybody have any first hand knowledge, good or bad, with this cabin?

If anyone can assist I'd greatly appreciate it. I tried a search but with no results.

We stayed deck 7 aft corner on the Adventure and your cabin would be one floor up and one over. No ash and privacy for sure. I've been on the Caribbean Princess so I know what you mean about the balconies. No problem like that on RCI's AOS

Archived