Crown Pricess... stuff

grenowoods

I have lurked on this board since just after the incident and I have read every word. My heart goes out to those who suffered. I really appreciate the efforts of those who were on the ship who provided us with information.

Regardless of the degree of tilt, 15 degrees is significant, the centrifugal force would also be very significant if the turn occurred suddenly – and it sounds like it did, especially on the upper decks. Not a surprise at all that someone would fly out of their bed into the hallway (the one inside their cabin).

On a recent RC cruise we had a meeting that the captain attended, who took the ship out for it’s sea trials. He described situations far worse than what the Crown encountered, minus the glasses, tables, televisions, passengers, etc. My point here is that these ships are designed for unbelievably harsh conditions – no need to worry about the ship rolling over, sinking or anything like that. It would be very unfortunate if somebody contemplating their first cruise would make a decision based on the Crown incident.

Stu.

Archived