First Cruise, need opinions

trimixdvr

Well almost first cruise spent a couple thousand days on the America and JFK, but really not entertainment based. Anyway looking at taking The Empress of the north inside passage trip. I'm not into crowds and like the small ship idea. Need advice on the cabins, honestly after putting some thought into it I think the top level (budget) verandahs may be the way to go. I realize that people will walk by, but it seems to have flexibility . If the Capt sees something and its on the opposite side of the ship its any easy jaunt out the door and over, instead of climbing stairs and running around. Thinking about going in late june, getting to juneau a couple days early and going over to admiralty island, and taking a whale tour. I spent a couple years up there on a trawler before going in the navy and seem to remember that may/june had a little less rain the july/aug...but its been a number of years. Also like to be casual and the Empress seems to recommend largly casual attire. Any advice greatly appreciated...sorry to ramble

Archived