Carnival Glory - Jul. 3 sailing

grenowoods

Hi Stu,

Thank you for the wonderful posts during your cruise. Sorry about your experience with the drunk and the sun burns. I admire your attitude that you made the best of the cruise.

I cannot wait for August 21st!!

Stu, glad to see you made it home safe and sound! Didn't realize we were (somewhat) neighbors. We live in NE Ohio.

Thank you again for the wonderful posts. I can hardly wait for our cruise on the Glory:)

Hi Michelle,

We enjoyed a few days at Cedar Point in Sandusky last year. I guess that would be somewhat west of where you live.

I believe I mentioned that while we were in Progresso I bought a sombrero for Brandon and a hamock chair for Colin. Jordan stayed on the ship with his friends as he was pretty doped up and needed to stay out of the sun. Yesterday I mentioned to Jordan that he didn't get anything. He said, "yes I did, I got a whole pile of medical sh!t and that cost way more than what they got." I couldn't stop laughing.

I made it back from Buffalo at 5 and the laundry cycle began again. My boys finished off the first batch while I was gone. The two bags got delayed because the TSA opened one of them. I suspect that the decorations on the sombrero proved interesting to the x-ray.

Stu.

Sorry to hear about all your misfortune, my family and I were on the ship with you. I do not agree with the post about the shows not being good. Just to hear Diana Lasalle sing would have been worth it even if I had to pay to see the shows. When she sang Shania Twain's song it was like hearing Shania sing it. That lady has an incredible voice and I hope I get to see her perform again. She's very easy on the eyes, too. (by the way, this is Mr. Hurricane Girl. It's easier to use my wife's nick than to register myself.)

Stu,

Enjoyed reading your post about the Glory. We're heading out on 7/31, can't wait. You mentioned that your laptop worked using a wireless card, did you have to sign up for service once you got on board? If so, how much was it?

Thanks

Hello,

Has it really been a week since we got off the ship? I really, really, realy miss it.

Jordan's severe sunburn has almost completely healed and he's almost ready to be allowed back in the sun.

We went to Darien Lake but had to come home early as kids had broken into our house and stolen everything related to video games and various other items and left a nice mess (Darien Lake was good while it lasted though). Thankfully, they didn't take any of the computers. We currently have identified 90+ items stolen. The documentation for the police and the insurance company is overwhelming. I am very thankful that the insurance company is being very cooperative - I guess you get what you pay for. The lack of sleep and no time for eating has caused me to lose all the weight I gained on the cruise. As I said before, every cloud has a silver lining. I went out last night with two of the boys to begin replacing some of the stuff - when the salesperson saw the list, she was very helpful! The boys were like kids in a candy store.

Regarding the question about wireless internet access: It costs exactly the same as if you use one of Carnival's terminals, I bought the 250 minutes for $100 - but you cannot combine the two. I had visions of it being very complicated to set up but that is not the case at all. You simply take your laptop, with Windows XP (I believe that anything earlier requires a small software installation - mine has XP) and your wireless card, into, or very close to the Internet cafe. Fortunately, the end of the bar in the Cigar Lounge is very convenient. The bartender was kind enough to plug in my charger for me. Carnival's wireless access will be identified by your system, you open up your browser and you are automatically directed to a web page that you use to get everything set up (the plan you wish to purchase). After that, you just have to log in, exactly the same way as you would if you use their terminal and after that you just browse as you normally would. Very, very simple. And I found that the speed was pretty good. The Internet Cafe manager was a really nice guy and knew his stuff - Eldon, I believe - he is from Ottawa.

Wishing for another cruise.

Stu.

• 6 months later...

Archived