NY Legend Parking from NJ??

Funcouple

What are some of the transportation from NJ and parking methods that many of you have done and what were the costs?

Can you park in Weehawkin, take the ferry, and will one of the buses drop you at the pier? If so, what's the daily cost of the parking?

Thanks for any info that you can provide.

Your options are probably as follows:

1. Get a friend to drive you. Cost: gas money & tolls; maybe lunch. :)

2. Get a limo / super shuttle etc. Cost: about $100 each way (maybe cheaper or more expensive depending on where you live) + tip

3. Take bus / train to NY Penn Station Cost: $10 pp, take a cab to the pier $10 + tip. Realize you have to haul your own luggage.

4. Drive to NYC. Park in the lot at the pier. Cost: tolls + $124 for the week.

Port Imperial Ferry in Weehawken, www.nywaterway.com it is $6.50 per person for the ferry. You can park long term at the ferry $9 per day - it is outdoor parking. Make sure you drive up to the front of the Port Imperial Ferry and drop your luggage off first then park your car. Taxi's are right out front on the NY side and take a cab its about $6.00 to the ship. It really is to far to walk. I hope you don't get a snotty cab driver like we did, he wasn't to happy to be going 6 blocks.

Port Imperial Ferry in Weehawken, www.nywaterway.com it is $6.50 per person for the ferry. You can park long term at the ferry $9 per day - it is outdoor parking. Make sure you drive up to the front of the Port Imperial Ferry and drop your luggage off first then park your car. Taxi's are right out front on the NY side and take a cab its about $6.00 to the ship. It really is to far to walk. I hope you don't get a snotty cab driver like we did, he wasn't to happy to be going 6 blocks.

Outdoor Parking $9/day X 9 days = $81

Round Trip Ferry $13/p/p X 2 = $26

Cab Ferry to Pier Round trip = $20

Approximate Total cost = $127 9 days. ($14/day)

Sound about right?

So do you think that my mazda minivan will get stripped at the outdoor lot in Weehawkin (Pt Imperial)?

Outdoor Parking $9/day X 9 days = $81

Round Trip Ferry $13/p/p X 2 = $26

Cab Ferry to Pier Round trip = $20

Approximate Total cost = $127 9 days. ($14/day)

Sound about right?

So do you think that my mazda minivan will get stripped at the outdoor lot in Weehawkin (Pt Imperial)?

The difference will be $53.00 to be in the secured lot in Manhattan.(the max is $180.00 per month).

Is that worth the hassle of parking dragging your luggage to the ferry(no help) going accross on the Ferry grabbing a cab for 6 blocks....and doing that in return(including waiting for the cab upon your return and doing the dragging) as opposed to dropping your luggage with a longshoreman driving up to the parking lot and getting on the ship. Coming out its easy - have your luggage brought to the curb get your car load up and be on your way.

and no one can promise you the car in Weehauken will still be there. It probably will be. I wouldn't leave anything showing...

only you can decide if the difference is worth it.

The difference will be $53.00 to be in the secured lot in Manhattan.(the max is $180.00 per month).

Is that worth the hassle of parking dragging your luggage to the ferry(no help) going accross on the Ferry grabbing a cab for 6 blocks....and doing that in return(including waiting for the cab upon your return and doing the dragging) as opposed to dropping your luggage with a longshoreman driving up to the parking lot and getting on the ship. Coming out its easy - have your luggage brought to the curb get your car load up and be on your way.

and no one can promise you the car in Weehauken will still be there. It probably will be. I wouldn't leave anything showing...

only you can decide if the difference is worth it.

The difference will be $53.00 -- Do you mean that it's $89/day in the NY Parking Garage? UPto a max of $180/month. So, the cost will be $180 for the 9 days in NY?

How exactly does the parking work in ny?

1. Drop luggage at pier

2. Go find a garage

3. walk back to pier?

Does Carnival offer "Preferred" parking garages?

Thanks for the info.

The difference will be $53.00 -- Do you mean that it's $89/day in the NY Parking Garage? UPto a max of $180/month. So, the cost will be $180 for the 9 days in NY?

How exactly does the parking work in ny?

1. Drop luggage at pier

2. Go find a garage

3. walk back to pier?

Does Carnival offer "Preferred" parking garages?

Thanks for the info.

It will be $180.00 at ny as opposed to the amount list above (127.00)...

You drive up the ramp to the cruise terminal. By your ship you stop by the curb let off your passengers and luggage- to a longshoreman who will check your checked luggage to your room and leave your passengers with your carry ons. Then you drive to the end of the ramp on the right (before you go down) is the sign that says to parking you drive up a ramp pay in advance drive to the finger of the pier your ship is on(normally sometimes they park you on top of the next pier but mostly you park right next to your ship), after your car is screened for explosives you go park. You then either take the escaltor down or the elevator and are at the pier you will be leaving from. Meet you passengers and go on. Its as close as you can get. I know of no closer parking at any pier.

It will be crowded going up the ramp,...take your time you'll get there....

We also live in NJ. We've parked at the pier and have taken a limo for past cruises. It's fine parking at the pier. This upcoming cruise, we'll be taking a sedan $95. each way plus tolls and tip for the driver. The limo would be $135 which dh wanted to do but conservative me wants the sedan.

We also live in NJ. We've parked at the pier and have taken a limo for past cruises. It's fine parking at the pier. This upcoming cruise, we'll be taking a sedan $95. each way plus tolls and tip for the driver. The limo would be $135 which dh wanted to do but conservative me wants the sedan.

That's not a bad price at all. Can you say who you use? I need to go to Red Hook, Brooklyn but that's still way cheaper than anyone else.

Thanks.

Archived