Obstructed view balconies=--how obstructed?

covey

I am considering the QMII 16 Dec. and have read the various posts on this board relative to "in-hull" v. "obstructed view" but still have questions. It seems that the in-hull balcony cabins are fine for TA but I want the sun in the Caribbean. If the deck plan is right, there are a few cabins that appear to have a less obstructed view: 8013, 8014, 8049, 8050, 8109 and 8110. Can anyone out there help with this? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure anything above deck 6 is going to have the kind of open balcony you're talking about. But if you're thinking to "sun" on your balcony, you might consider using the open decks (very popular during June's Med Cruise). Especially since you'd never be guaranteed the have the sun shining full on your balcony. Still, if you want to sit on your OWN balcony in your own chair and watch the sea roll by you, then the In-Hull would be tough.

I will say that the open balconies looked to have less privacy than the in-hull. That said, we rarely saw (or heard) any of the balconies be so full of people that that would really be an issue.

8049 is supposed to be less obstructed as it has one of the smaller lifeboats in front of it- Also I believe first one or two cabins forward, not sure of the cabin numbers, seem to have less obstruction to them- there was a photo of 8049 somewhere on CC but I can't find it now

avoid the top deck of cabins also, some of them have quite an overhang, we have friends that stayed in the obstructed view cabins and said they were fine because the lifeboats are quite far away, therefore the ones below are probably quite shaded (I imagine), all the balconies in the superstructure can be seen from the glass elevators and the front observation area so none are truly private except the in hull ones, i'm in the obstructed view ones at Christmas and not too worried.

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photogallery/main.php?g2_itemId=132612

Use the link above to see several pictures of cabin 8045. These pix show the obstructed view from that location on QM2. This might help you decide. :rolleyes:

We were booked in a hull balcony cabin for the Dec. 16th sailing, but I have upgraded to cat. A2 on deck 11. I think in the Caribbean it's nice to have a full balcony. When we do a crossing on QM2 (and I said WHEN not IF!!!) we will want a hull balcony room. ;)

Archived