All Inclusive Day Pass

cruizeblues

I am looking for an All-inclusive day pass at a resort with a nice pool, lunch, drinks, etc. We enjoyed the Occidental in '04 when it was $40 pp. I just read that it is now $75 pp. I don't think that it is worth that much. The reviews on the Ren. Mariott look good, but do they let you use the pool at the main resort area or are there pools on the private beach island?

Marriott pass was $100 for two of us 60 for adult and 40 for 18 and under as I recall.

No pool access at main hotel unless you are just bold that way....no pool on the island.

We loved the island adventure and stayed most of the day. It was easy and close to the ship. It was classy place with a couple of beaches on calm coves created by rock jetties...one family and one more adult.

The food was good grill type food (all is free for lunch) and the drinks were great (one is free per ticket) and service was very good.

Snorkel equipment and floats and kayaks were free with the day pass. Snorkeling was easy and fun inside the jetty but really much better outside.

All the staff in the hotel and on the island were great to us.

But the Marriott is not all inclusive. You only get 1 drink.

I am confused. Is it 60.00 PP or 30.00 PP.

If it is 60.00, no way is it worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

The Renaissance is not all inclusive..there is no open bar option and the food is limited to one sit down meal off the menu.

Is it worth the money? Compared to the other excursions we looked at for comparable experiences..no question for us. We liked the ease and quality of the experience. I know you could go cheaper with being a little more adventurous and getting transportation to another beach and finding your own restaurant for lunch..etc...we just wanted it easy and were willing to lay out the $100 for the quality service and locale.

I have read in other threads that some people have had a bit of a hassle with one reception desk person or another who discouraged them on the day pass. We had just the opposite each time we called in advance and on the day we arrived there. Very helpful and classy service.

Archived