Shuttle Bus

Coolgran

There were no charges for any of the shuttle buses when we were in Norway on QE2 this month.

Jon,

I hope the same applies for the world cruise. Paying for shuttles and organized shore excursions (lonly as a last resort) can add up. I recall that shuttles were always free, except for a shuttle transfer (3 hours!) between Rostock and Berlin and another between Nynashaam (sp?) and Stockholm (1 hour). The Queensferry to Edinburgh was another long haul as I recall, but complimentary.

If anyone reading my comments has experience in this regard with the world cruise, I'd appreciate hearing your experiences.

Thanks to all & Happy Sailings,

Bobby

PS to Jon: I enjoy looking at your photo sets and the videos, especially those waves crashing over the bow!

The Queensferry to Edinburgh was another long haul as I recall, but complimentary.

When we were at Queensferry (admittedly about eight years ago) there wasn't a shuttle bus into Edinburgh; you either had to get a taxi or the train. Being stuck at QF was one of the reasons we wouldn't rate Edinburgh as a port of call, if they now provide a shuttle bus that would make things much better.

Lets not get confused over the Shuttle Bus issue. Cunard does charge for bus service to/from airports and the ship. IN PORT shuttle bus service is normally free when the ship docks in ports where the passengers cannot walk into the shopping areas due to safety or sercurity reasons.

Archived