Passport change question...

My passport is in my former married name. I would like to get it changed over to my maiden name before my cruise (I know, I'd be pushing it timing wise.)

Does anyone know if I lose my "stamps" of where I've been? :confused: That's been my biggest concern and why I haven't already done this. (Divorce was 3 years ago!!) :eek:

Thank you for any information you can provide! I did a search but didn't see this type of question answered.

I got my passport before I got married, and took several trips before as well. After I got married I sent it in, and all they did was write an addendum on the back page stating my new name. I kept all my stamps.

HOWEVER, I believe it may have changed in the last year or so, and you have to get a new passport altogether. If a new passport is issued, you will get your old one back.

For this cruise, yep, its too close, so use the old name passport. BUT, make certain that your CRUISE documents also use the former married name-same as on the passport. At this late date, it will cost you $50 or so to get them changed, but if you don't you could be denied boarding.

If you just can't bear to pay that change fee, then you need to take a certified copy of your divorce decree to show the legal return of your name to your maiden name. Alternatively, you could forego using the passport this time and bring your certified birth certificate and DL for this upcoming cruise. (But only until the end of 2006, only for Caribbean/Canada/Mexico cruises and only assuming your current DL ID matches the original BC name)

But your cruise booking name and your documents name must match, or show a legal history of the name change. Or you will have a big mess at the port.

Archived