Attend Church in Copenhagen

Here's a list of churches:

http://www.cbs.dk/cbs_international/international_students/current_exchange_students/timeout/group/places_of_worship

It will help if you are Evangelical Lutheran as nearly 90% of Danes are of that persuasion.

Thank you, that was helpful. I did select one from the list.

Now, if the service is in Swedish:) we are in real trouble;)

There's probably a better chance of it being in Danish than Swedish, I should think, unless it's Orthodox.

Oops...I meant Danish because I had been on the Copenhagen board reading this:

Language

Danish, which is a bit difficult to master -- but generally, English is spoken and understood

If the service is in Danish, that's ok, I think it would be neat.

We'll be attending the United Methodist.

We would like to attend church in Copenhagen Sunday, September 10.

Has anyone gone to church services during your pre-cruise?

We will be at the Marriott. Would like a church close by.

Any suggestions?

YES! I highly recommend the International Church of Copenhagen. Here is a web link. http://www.internationalchurch.dk You can look up their email address's from this web site and email them direcly if you require more information that whats on their website. There's also a map to the Church on their web site.

This Church used to be called The American Church. The pastors there are Lutheran, and the service is in English. When I was an exchange student back in the 80's, I was a regular member, and I really enjoyed the people there. Yes, there were many Americans attending, but also Danes, and other internationalities too. Since then, the church has moved locations several times, and has change their name to International Church of Copenhagen. But basically, it's an American Church with an international congregation. I guess maybe 1/2 of the congregation are American.

I would so much love to go back for a visit, yet, despite returning back to Denmark three times, I've not been able to work it in my schedule. But, if you wish to attend a warm and friendly church, then you'll find no better place than this.

I read that you're staying at the Marriott. We were there last summer and loved it. The Church is not withing walking distance, well, it's possible, but it would be a long walk, maybe 45 min. However, the Marriott is a few blocks to the main train station. From the train station, take the S-Train to Nørreport Station. By train Nørreport Station is only 2 stations away, about a 3 min. train ride. From there, use the map from the Church's website to find your way to the Church, it's a very short walk, maybe 10 min. or less. I suppose if you were to walk to the tran station, take the train to Nørreport Station, then walk to the Church, you could be there within 20-30 min. Having lived in Denmark, from my perspective, I consider this very easy and close. You really should have no difficulties, and will find this to be conviently close too.

After Church, if you've not already done so, walk to Rosenborg Castle, it's probably only 5-10 min. from the Church. Walking around Rosenborg takes only about an hour. Be sure to visit the Crown Jewels located in the lower underground floor. From there, you can walk to Amalienborg, the Queens actual home. There's a changing of the guard at noon, but with attending Church, you'll probaly miss that, unless you catch it on another day.

Have fun in this truly wonderful City. There's so much to see and do in this awsome ancient city. I do hope you get to Chruch, looking back, I very much regret not making that a priority on last summer's trip.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for dropping by. We had lots of great chats on the Marriott hotel thread. Your posts convinced me to book the Marriott thru Priceline.

Thanks for sharing all the above info. It is printed out and now joins all my other great stuff in my little notebook that it getting very big:eek:

Brenda

Steve,

Thanks for dropping by. We had lots of great chats on the Marriott hotel thread. Your posts convinced me to book the Marriott thru Priceline.

Thanks for sharing all the above info. It is printed out and now joins all my other great stuff in my little notebook that it getting very big:eek:

Brenda

Hi Brenda,

I am very excited for you about your upcoming trip to Copenhagen. For me, I just love this city. I am glad you were able to get a bid accepted on Priceline for the Marriott. For us, it was the best deal and the best hotel. I loved the location. The overall hotel, rooms, and personnel were all fantastic. Even my Danish friends who came to visit me were impressed. I also hope you do make it to the Church I referred you to. I had wanted to go last summer, but was just not able to fit it in my schedule, but now I regret not making it more of a priority. Even so, with all that I wanted to see and do, we just didn't have the time.

How many days/nights will you have in Copenhagen? What is on your list to see and do in Copenhagen?

Steve

Archived