Copy of Passport Needed? - St.Petersburg Private Tour

Thought I had read somewhere here on the boards that people had provided a copy of their passport when disembarking for their private tours. The copy was held by immigration till you reboarded the ship.

When I read the information from DenRus for the private tour, it indicated only that we needed our tour tickets and passports to disembark.

What was your experience? Photocopy needed or not?

Thanks so much for your help.

Julia

We needed a photocopy of the ID page of our passports for sure. The authorities kept the copies when they stamped our passports the first time we went ashore.

We took a private tour with Red October.

RedOctober info mentioned the requirement for a photocopy of your passport so I took one with me, but the ship provided everyone with a copy of their passports when we collected them prior to docking in StP - so whether you were going on one of their tours or not you had a copy which I think was very good of them.

Everyone going through immigration needs a copy, not just private tours, and you only need one copy for the first time as they didn't require one for going off again for an evening tour or the second day.

Thought I had read somewhere here on the boards that people had provided a copy of their passport when disembarking for their private tours. The copy was held by immigration till you reboarded the ship.

When I read the information from DenRus for the private tour, it indicated only that we needed our tour tickets and passports to disembark.

What was your experience? Photocopy needed or not?

Thanks so much for your help.

Julia

We were requested by Red October to have a copy of the Passport, a well as the passport itself, ready before leaving the ship. They also suggested we keep another copy with us too "just in case".

Denrus e-mail indicated that Russian Immigration control needs copy of just top page (the one with your photo & passport number on it) for their records.

The actual passport, Denrus tour tickets, and Denrus tour authorization letter are to shown to the official. The official will keep the top page while you are in the city (don't know if they will return it on the end of the second day).

Our passport copies were actually collected by immigration upon our disembarkation from the ship...this only occurred on the first day. On the 2nd day, no copies were needed or requested.

This is the same thing that Alla told us when she sent our tickets. In addition she stated that the immigration officer would give us a red laminated card which is our pass into the city. Upon return to the ship the passport and the red card must be shown to the immigration officer, who will keep the red card. On the second day the photo copy is not needed, just the passport. We will receive the red card again, which will be turned in upon return to the ship.

This is the same thing that Alla told us when she sent our tickets. In addition she stated that the immigration officer would give us a red laminated card which is our pass into the city. Upon return to the ship the passport and the red card must be shown to the immigration officer, who will keep the red card. On the second day the photo copy is not needed, just the passport. We will receive the red card again, which will be turned in upon return to the ship.

This is exactly the procedure we experienced last summer. Keep that red laminated ticket or there are penalties (I don't know what they are since we didn't lose ours!)...on the 2nd day, they will give you another red ticket to be returned upon returning to immigration.

Archived