New tip, just a thought

Mamanance

I'm looking thru the newspaper flyers and I just saw one of those shopping storage carts with the wheels. They fold up. Well, I'm one of those who prefer getting off the ship early and I take my own luggage off:D . If I pack light and buy one of these carts, then I get put all our bottles of liquor that we buy in it, along with my purse, any other bags, and take that right off the ship and down the gang plank. PERFECT. I used to have one, but DH canned it. It would also be really good for anyone planning on doing a lot of shopping in the ports. You could put all your items in it and not have all those bags to carry. Then if you get in a cab, take the bags out and fold the thing up till you get to the ship.

Guest LetMeGo

Maybe you could try the traditional Finnish type of folding trolley.

With the lighter versions you can only drag 100 lbs of booze, but there are sturdier versions as well... :p

b73.jpg

Whoah baby, a 100 pounds of booze. NICE. I'd make DH carry that so he wouldn't drop an oz. LOL

Those look really good to tote things. Where do I get them?

We were just looking at the new Samsonite spinners. They are so nice, but I would hate to have them ruined going up in the big luggage storage containers. They just chuck those babies in there.

Guest LetMeGo
Whoah baby, a 100 pounds of booze. NICE. I'd make DH carry that so he wouldn't drop an oz. LOL

Those look really good to tote things. Where do I get them?

Haven't you heard that Finnish people like to drink? :D

It's common to see all kinds of people from 18-year old boys (the legal age of drinking) to 60-year old ladies cruising frm Helsinki to Tallin and back on one day, and buy an average of 4 cases (about 100 cans) of beer plus the other drinks... The record I have personaly witnessed is one man with 60 litres (more than 15 gallons) of 80% "vodka" in his trolley.

I know they're sold in many department stores in Finland, as well as the ferries and the Liquor stores in Tallinn... They are marketed exclusively for the people buying buying cases of drinks.

I bring on a cart to cart off my liquor. We normally by a case of Tequilla at the grocery store in Cozumel and I buy a case of Vodka on the ship. The carts hold two cases easily. We get a lot of stares and comments on the way out but the savings is worth it. We also have to pay duty but still worth it. The Tequilla is over 55$ a bottle here and I pay about 20$ with duty by buying it in Cozumel. I can also throw my carry on on top of it that has my night clothes and toiletries I used after putting my luggage out side the night before.

I have a small trolley that is cloth and folds up small enough to fit in my purse. I bought it when travelling in Scotland and it is worth its weight in gold. Weight is about 1 lb. (The ladies use it to walk home the groceries from town.) I have seen them recently in a couple of stores like walmart for about $10. When I retrieve it from the storage unit I'll try to post a picture.

Thanks for reminding me of this I may have forgotten to bring it!!!!

Haven't you heard that Finnish people like to drink? :D

It's common to see all kinds of people from 18-year old boys (the legal age of drinking) to 60-year old ladies cruising frm Helsinki to Tallin and back on one day, and buy an average of 4 cases (about 100 cans) of beer plus the other drinks... The record I have personaly witnessed is one man with 60 litres (more than 15 gallons) of 80% "vodka" in his trolley.

I know they're sold in many department stores in Finland, as well as the ferries and the Liquor stores in Tallinn... They are marketed exclusively for the people buying buying cases of drinks.

Finland has one of the highest rates of alcoholism in the world. They also have the highest suicide rate, per capita.... Tell you anything?:eek:

Yep.

United Nations: Nordic Countries Best Place to Live in the World

The Nordic countries have the best standard of living in the world, as per the Human Development Report published by the United Nations

Best Standard of Living in the World

The Nordic countries are overall the best countries to live in the world, according to the Human Development Report which is published annually by the United Nations. Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland figure among the top countries on the UN index because of their high levels of education, democracy, income and public health.

http://www.scandinavica.com/culture/society/UNreport.htm

Archived