QM2 C3 category-3 adults and a crib?

Knighton

We're going on the 4 nighter from Fort Lauderdale. We booked a C3, which the agent says is 194 square feet. Will 3 adults and an infant be squished? We wanted a B5 or B6 so we'd have a balcony, but she said they can't put that many people in one of those.

Hi April,

I am booked in a B5 cabin for the Labor Day 4 day cruise. A cabin that can sleep three adults is indicated by a + on the deck plans. If you don't have a copy of the deck plans, let me know and also what cabin you have been assigned, and I will check for you. I know you can check the deck plans on line, but I have always found that time consuming and frustrating.

According to the plans I am looking at, C3 is longer (only by a few feet) and narrower than the other cabins. and there is no indication that a there is a third birth (sleeper sofa) for your third adult, plus, you only have a porthole.

In my opinion, the agent you are dealing with is doing you a disservice by giving you misinformation.

Let me know what I can do anything to help you figure out what to do.

Smiles,:)

Maria

Hi!

I checked with Cunard and it's upper berths. That will be weird, but we'll deal with it. My son will be in a crib, so he won't have to climb, anyway.:rolleyes: My T/A also said that all the cruise lines are getting extremely picky about how many people are in rooms. Sometimes within a category, certain rooms are double and certain rooms are triple or quad. Weird. The balcony would have been nice, but I guess B category rooms don't have sleeper sofas or upper berths.

Hi Again,

There are several rooms on deck 8 with obstructed balconies that have sleeper sofas. They are mid ship, and I am booked in one of them for Sept. 2nd.

The C cabins with the berths are the extreme forward cabins on decks 4 and 5. The deck 4 cabins with the berths are much smaller because they are located where the ship tappers in at the front. These cabins are also directly over the Royal Court Theater.

For me, that would be a double whammy, especially with a small child, because of the motion at the bow of the ship and the noise from below in the Theater.

The last time I was on the QM2 in January, I was on deck 6 and it was great. Now, since the weather should be warmer, I chose deck 8 so I can see the water from my room.

I hope this information helps, I love the QM2 and want everyone to love their experience of her.

Happy Sailing,:)

Maria

We're in 6414, so we should be ok. Heck, it's only 4 nights, so I'll be spending all day and all night exploring anyway. It's so funny-we have the Royal Family Suite on Freedom of the Seas for the Sept. 17 sailing, so going from that to this one on QM2 is quite a difference. We've been doing that all along, though. The pattern has been big, small, big, small for our cruises.:D

Archived