Glory Vs Mariner

shotel8355

Hi Everyone

I'm new to the board and would like to get an opinion. My fiancee and I are planning on a cruise for our honeymoon in February. I have been on 4 (Princess, Celebrity, Carnival, Royal). This will be her first cruise. I"m torn between Carnivals Glory or Liberty and Royals Mariner of the seas. Would like some input from anyone who has been on these ships....Thanks!

Hi Everyone I'm new to the board and would like to get an opinion. My fiancee and I are planning on a cruise for our honeymoon in February. I have been on 4 (Princess, Celebrity, Carnival, Royal). This will be her first cruise. I"m torn between Carnivals Glory or Liberty and Royals Mariner of the seas. Would like some input from anyone who has been on these ships....Thanks!

Looks Like no one has posted so I will help you out. List in my Signature is my review on the Glory. It was my first cruise and fell in love with cruising instead of a regular vacation. The ship was amazing and enjoyed it so much. There were somethings I wish we had went to but will get them done on our next cruise. GOOD LUCK!! Any questions let me know.

Since I am a Diamond Member with RCI and a often Carnival Cruiser (10 so far), let's compare the my last two cruises with these two ships: Mariner vs. Glory

1) RCL has a conceiges lounge

2) Carnival has a waterslide

3) RCL has mini golf, in-line skating, and a rock wall. (Cool if you use it!)

4) RCL had two speciality restaurants (or is it three with Johnny Rockets?), Carnival had one.

5) Glory had lots of places to eat outside, Marnier None.

6) Carnival had laundrettes, Marnier nothing.

7) Alternative restaurants - Windjammer on the Mariner crushes Glory for Breakfast

8) Mariner - Full size basketball, Carnival - Smaller than half court

9) Carnival - More self serve ice cream stations serving Ice Cream and Frozen Yogart. On the Mariner if you wanted Ice Cream you had to pay for it!

10) In my opinion, the food in the main dining is a toss up. But Carnival has more free speciality stuff (Fish & Chips, Deli, etc.)

11) In my opinion, the activities and entertainment go to Carnival. But alot of the activities are the same: Crazy Legs, Bingo, Trivia, Honeymooners, etc.

12) In price comparisons, CCL is generally less expensive. I guess this makes RCI more upscale.

13) Glory left on a Saturday and the Mariner left on a Sunday - Same embarkation port. Could make a difference to some people.

14) The Room service menu on RCI was much nicer than CCL - More Choices!

15) RCL treats repeat customers much better - Carnival is finally getting on board with this

16) Carnival has the Ocean Player Club, RCL has a basic point system in but it needs a lot of work.

17) Funvision vs. RCTV - Liked some of the options with RCTV.

Hope this helps.

I have been on both ships and I liked Mariner all the way around better. In fact, I like RCI better as a cruise line. The best comparison I can give is..... do you want to shop at Walmart or Macy's? There is a reason there is a price difference.

The last cruise I was on (Valor) someone at our dinner table said Carnival is the Walmart of cruising. I agree.

We found more free ice cream on the Mariner than we did on the Glory. It was the same options, but it seemed like it was more convenient on the Mariner.

I have been on the Mariner 3 times. I never saw free Ice Cream it was frozen yogurt. On my last trip in June (Mariner) they had some one doing the cones. Bowls were not an option. On the Glory and Conquest (Same class of ship) ICE CREAM was always available.

I have been on both ships and I liked Mariner all the way around better. In fact, I like RCI better as a cruise line. The best comparison I can give is..... do you want to shop at Walmart or Macy's? There is a reason there is a price difference.

The last cruise I was on (Valor) someone at our dinner table said Carnival is the Walmart of cruising. I agree.

Probably meaning that Carnival Like Walmart are both Industry leaders. :D

They are both listed on the S & P 500!

I have been on both and much prefer the Mariner when it comes to ship design, layout, and service. But there are other considerations that you need to evaluate for your individual priorities such as: ports, price, late night entertainment, food etc. Also now that RCI and Carnival have decent past guest privileges you may want to think about the long term goal of what cruise lines you want to be platinum or diamond on. I’m Platinum on Carnival and close to diamond on RCI so even though I enjoy the Platinum privileges on Carnival my goal is to get to Diamond on RCI next so for me it would be the Mariner.

I've done both........I'd say they are more like JC Penny and Dillards in comparision.....I'd definetely pick Glory even if it were higher:p .......but then I'm a Carnival fan all the way...they offer me well more than I can get from RCI or Princess.:D

Archived