Jueau Bear Watching????

snausman

:( Celebrity just changed our itinerary on Aug. 27 instead of being in Ketchikan from 7am to 4 pm on Tue Aug 29 we are now going to Ketchikan on Friday Sept 1 from 2pm to 9:30pm. We are booked with Island Wings doing Traitors Cove. This was our dream excusion, but I don't know if Jared at Island Wings can change the time. He is to call me as soon as he gets done with the excusion he is on right now.

I am trying to plan ahead, if he can not help us with the little time we are in Ketchikan now then I want to start checking on any bear excusions out of Juneau.

My problem, is I have only been checking out Ketchikan for bear watching. I need quick info on any tours out of Juneau. We will now be in Juneau onThursday Aug 31 from 8am to 8:30pm. So plenty of time.:)

Who would you use and why????

Thank you all for the help. If Jared of Island Wings can still take us I will tell all of you, I just want to be prepared.

Laura

Hi Laura,

We will be in Alaska about the same time as you. A couple of us are also flying with Michelle at Island Wings; however we are doing the Misty Fjords flightseeing.

We will be doing our bear viewing in Juneau and we are using Alaska Fly 'n' Fish to Pack Creek. Can't comment on the excursion yet but they've been wonderful to deal with so far and were recommended on this board. Their website is

http://www.alaskabyair.com/ .

Hope that helps.

Margaret

Hi Laura,

We will be in Alaska about the same time as you. A couple of us are also flying with Michelle at Island Wings; however we are doing the Misty Fjords flightseeing.

We will be doing our bear viewing in Juneau and we are using Alaska Fly 'n' Fish to Pack Creek. Can't comment on the excursion yet but they've been wonderful to deal with so far and were recommended on this board. Their website is

http://www.alaskabyair.com/ .

Hope that helps.

Margaret

I will be checking out that link right now. Still waiting to hear from Island Wings. I am sure I will hear from them tomorrow moring.

Thanks again

Laura

Butch of Alaska Fly N Fish is top rate. Be aware that Pack Creek is grizzlies, and Traitors is blacks, if it makes a difference??

There are several venders out of Ketchikan that go to Traitors, so also consider that??

Butch of Alaska Fly N Fish is top rate. Be aware that Pack Creek is grizzlies, and Traitors is blacks, if it makes a difference??

There are several venders out of Ketchikan that go to Traitors, so also consider that??

First let me say I received a call from Jarod at Island Wings. They can not help us out as they are all booked for the Sept 1. They are crediting my credit card back. They are the nicest people to deal with. If or should I say when I go back to Alaska I will book thru them. They made this whole new port change very painless. Thank you

Budget QUEEN I am looking at Butch of Alaska Fly N Fish my only question is will we see bears?? This trip is a touch more money. Which I will gladly pay but if their is no chance of seeing bears at this time of year (Thru Aug 31) then I will take my mom on a helicopter tour or something.

My next question should I see if someone else in Ketchikan can take us but will it be a waste of money since we can only go later afternoon. Island Wings did tell me their will be 6 ships in port on that day.

Laura

Alright so I called Butch with Alaska fly and they have taken a few days off (good for them). So while I was on the phone talking to Orca tours they said they book for Juneau and Ketchikan bear veiwing (they use Butch). She call a company in Ketchikan and can get us on a flight in the afternoon. She told me the name of the company but now I can not remeber it. (too many new names in the brain right now). She said the pilot is a women name Carol and she is a Aussie and is a hoot. Anybody know who this can be?? OK this was a major brain fart. Southeast is to get back with me, so just waiting on their phone call.

At the end of Aug. which one do you think would be the better trip, Pack Creek or Traitors???

Thanks

Laura

You need to contact the venders and inquire of their sighting stats for your timeframe. If equal, it would be Pack Creek for me, well over Traitors Cove. http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=refuge.pack_ck

Peak at Pack Creek is until 8-25, when would you be going???

Archived