Should we go in Aug. or Sept.?

HookLine&Sinker

A question for you experienced Bermuda cruisers. We are planning on going next year on the Empress and wonder what the general opinion is about going the end of Aug. (25th) or mid September?

I'm concerned about the weather in Sept. but am inticed by the price and the fact that the kids will be back in school. We love kids but won't be traveling with any.

Would love to hear other's thoughts on the time of the year.

TIA

A question for you experienced Bermuda cruisers. We are planning on going next year on the Empress and wonder what the general opinion is about going the end of Aug. (25th) or mid September?

I'm concerned about the weather in Sept. but am inticed by the price and the fact that the kids will be back in school. We love kids but won't be traveling with any.

TIA

I love kids too, but I enjoy the ship more when there aren't so many kids onboard. Just being perfectly honest. I have been to Bermuda five times, six in October. My favorite time to go is actually in October. August is still very hot. September is a little better, but October is perfect weather for me. Not too hot, but still plenty warm enough to enjoy time on the beach. Mid to high 70s I would say. I have only cruised on the NCL Majesty, so I can't say anything about any other ship. The seas are sometimes a little rougher that time of year, but not always. Whatever you decide, have a great cruise.

If you biggest concern is about the possibility of hurricanes and tropical storms I think there might not be that much difference between those two departure dates. You should be able to do some research to find out what the possibilities are because these could affect your sailing pleasure. If your just concerned about general weather I know the you can get average tempature and rainfall at weather.com.

After considering all of that and your still not sure I would go in Septermber. I have gone in September before and found it to be wonderful.

TIA

Our first cruise to Bermuda in 2004, we went around Aug 20. It was at least 85 degrees and very humid. I didn't mind because I love Bermuda so much but my wife was miserable. I was very surprised because I didn't expect Bermuda to get so hot and humid. Last year we went on Sept 16 and the difference was significant. The temperature only dropped to 80 but the humidity was gone, so it was more bearable. The water was just as comfortable to swim in. I would trust macdays comment about October if you are considering that time as well. Most definitely, the kids are back in school and I much as I love them, it was a lot quieter on the boat in September rather than August. The only drawback of mid September or August is the possibility of a hurricane. But we are taking a chance and going again on 9/17 ourselves. If it happens, it happens and you sail elswhere.

NCL Majesty Aug 2004

NCL Majesty Sept 2005

NCL Majesty Sept 2006

Actually prefer Bermuda the second and third week in September...a tad cooler and less humid... and kids back in school. We did try one year (we've been 11 times) in Sept. and had to go to Canada.. which was a blast... Halifax, Portland, B ar Harbor, Boston, Providence and the back to NYC.. Bermuda got hit with a terrible hurricane..We live outside of Boston...annd the trip that ended up in Canada we left from NYC and it was funny being in Boston and no way to go home and do the laundry.. so we stayed on the ship and enjoyed the jacuzzi by ourslves..

Archived